'I'm pregnant and wearing glasses'

Old November 29th 15, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default 'I'm pregnant and wearing glasses'

QUOTE:
"A driver has hit a cyclist on a newly-upgraded section of Cycle Superhighway 2 in London, before using the excuse "I'm pregnant and wearing glasses".

Footage captured by another rider, who was cycling on the main carriageway at the time, shows the moment the driver of a Vauxhall Corsa turns left into the middle of a group of three cyclists, hitting the third with the side of her car.

Although cyclists riding straight along the route, which is mid-way through a major upgrade between Aldgate and Bow, have priority over turning traffic, some cyclists say side roads need to be improved to slow drivers down and encourage them to look more carefully before they turn across the bike path."

http://road.cc/content/news/172152-v...e-superhighway
Old November 29th 15, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Alycidon wrote:

"A driver has hit a cyclist on a newly-upgraded section of Cycle
Superhighway 2 in London, before using the excuse "I'm pregnant and
wearing glasses".

Footage captured by another rider, who was cycling on the main
carriageway at the time, shows the moment the driver of a Vauxhall Corsa
turns left into the middle of a group of three cyclists, hitting the
third with the side of her car.

Just think, if the cyclist had a registration number on his bike, this
would never have happened.

Well, that's what the psychopathic wank-offs on this newsgroup would have
us believe.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old November 29th 15, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 29/11/2015 12:09, John Smith wrote:
Alycidon wrote:

"A driver has hit a cyclist on a newly-upgraded section of Cycle
Superhighway 2 in London, before using the excuse "I'm pregnant and
wearing glasses".

Footage captured by another rider, who was cycling on the main
carriageway at the time, shows the moment the driver of a Vauxhall Corsa
turns left into the middle of a group of three cyclists, hitting the
third with the side of her car.

Just think, if the cyclist had a registration number on his bike, this
would never have happened.

Well, that's what the psychopathic wank-offs on this newsgroup would have
us believe.

Your stupidity amazes me.

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.
Old November 29th 15, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 12:12:15 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Your stupidity amazes me.

That's great - coming from Plankwit:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1167285
Old November 29th 15, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 29/11/2015 12:21, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 12:12:15 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Your stupidity amazes me.

That's great - coming from Plankwit:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1167285

Your stupidity amazes everyone.

http://www.justaccountants.co.uk/mic...FSQHwwodz88Bpg

Still haven't spotted the major **** up yet?

Old November 29th 15, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 12:12:15 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Your stupidity amazes me.

That's great - coming from Plankwit:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1167285

/| /| | |
||__|| | Please don't |
/ O O\__ feed |
/ \ the trolls |
/ \ \ |
/ _ \ \ ----------------------
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Old November 29th 15, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 12:10:04 PM UTC, John Smith wrote:

Just think, if the cyclist had a registration number on his bike, this
would never have happened.

And clearly the helmet saved his life.

Old November 29th 15, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 13:15:05 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 12:10:04 PM UTC, John Smith wrote:

Just think, if the cyclist had a registration number on his bike, this
would never have happened.

And clearly the helmet saved his life.

Plus his lights and hi-vis made him impossible to miss.
Old November 29th 15, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 1:20:55 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:

Plus his lights and hi-vis made him impossible to miss.

Actually motorists seem able to spot dark clothed unlit cyclists more easily.

Old November 29th 15, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 13:28:30 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 1:20:55 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:

Plus his lights and hi-vis made him impossible to miss.

Actually motorists seem able to spot dark clothed unlit cyclists more easily.

Indeed - as they describe their dark clothing in such minute detail - socks, shoes, earbuds, hats, rucksacks, trousers, shoelaces etc.