Bike Ride Pictures: First Half of Mr. Bill's, June 2005

Old June 14th 05, 11:14 AM
Bill Bushnell

Default Bike Ride Pictures: First Half of Mr. Bill's, June 2005

This was part Western Wheelers ride (Mike Mysza's Climb to Kaiser
Training Ride) and part reprise of the first half of a route I put
together about ten years ago when I liked finding the most
climbing-dense non-trivial route I could. The full route includes
ascents of Jamison Creek Rd., Alba Rd., China Grade Rd., and CA9
(south), none of which I did on this ride.

I started from home in Sunnyvale and rode up Page Mill Rd. to Montebello
Rd. then up Montebello over the top of Black Mountain and down to the
southeastern gate where I met up with the other club members. We
continued down to Stevens Canyon Rd. then climbed Redwood Gulch Rd. to
CA9.

We descended CA9 to Saratoga before climbing Bohlman-On Orbit-Bohlman.
At the top the club ride returned to Saratoga for lunch while I
continued on the short dirt road over to Montevina Rd. and descended to
Lexington Reservoir.

Then, I climbed Black Rd. to Skyline Blvd. and back over the Castle Rock
Summit to Saratoga Gap, where I met up with two of the club members who
had climbed CA9 from Saratoga after their lunch.

From Saratoga Gap we rode north on Skyline Blvd. to Page Mill Rd. then
descended toward home.

(75 miles, 9300 feet climbing, about 8800 feet climbing at mile 49)

http://tinyurl.com/c6y98

--
Bill Bushnell
http://pobox.com/~bushnell/