Katrina where you are?

Old September 3rd 05, 12:53 AM
lowkey

Default Katrina where you are?

"Marlene Blanshay" wrote in message

Aside from the poor souls in the gulf states, how did everyone else fare
with Katrina?

We got a deluge on wednesday and have been experiencing very windy
conditions.

I rained pretty decent [Guelph Ont] on the weekend but this week has been
rather pleasant, a little breezy and the odd short shower. But other than
that nice biking weather.

The week before was the nasty weather time around here. A violent little
tornado touched down north of here in Fergus. Around Aug 20th or so.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:11 AM
Marlene Blanshay

Aside from the poor souls in the gulf states, how did everyone else fare
with Katrina?

We got a deluge on wednesday and have been experiencing very windy
conditions. Today it's even windier as the front leaves the area-
gusting up to 58k, and we had another storm. I got out for a ride
yesterday PM as the wind died down but today it was almost hurricane
winds, so forget it!

NO real major flooding, but there were still some huge puddles under
underpasses on the bike path and various other places, some branches
blew off the trees, lots of power failures. Altogether we got about 80
mm of rain.
Old September 3rd 05, 07:46 PM
Chris BeHanna

Marlene Blanshay wrote:
Aside from the poor souls in the gulf states, how did everyone else fare
with Katrina?

We got a deluge on wednesday and have been experiencing very windy
conditions. Today it's even windier as the front leaves the area-
gusting up to 58k, and we had another storm. I got out for a ride
yesterday PM as the wind died down but today it was almost hurricane
winds, so forget it!

We got some heavy rain on Tuesday night (perhaps 40mm), but not much
wind. I went out for a glorious 20-mile ride in it.

--
Chris BeHanna
'03 Specialized Allez Elite 27