RLJ cyclist mown down by SUV

Old December 18th 12, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default RLJ cyclist mown down by SUV

Cyclists only jump red lights for their own safety, I understood.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2012/12/17/c...running-light/

Old December 18th 12, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/12/2012 11:07, Mrcheerful wrote:
Cyclists only jump red lights for their own safety, I understood.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2012/12/17/c...running-light/

Suffered head injuries - obviously not wearing a helmet.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old December 18th 12, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_4_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote

Cyclists only jump red lights for their own safety, I understood.

It's usually a good idea to check it's clear first.

Old December 19th 12, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:07:25 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
Cyclists only jump red lights for their own safety, I understood.

Well you were wrong (again)
Old December 19th 12, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

PhilO wrote:
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:07:25 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
Cyclists only jump red lights for their own safety, I understood.

Well you were wrong (again)

Then why do they proclaim such a thing?

Old December 19th 12, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:57:29 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
PhilO wrote:

Then why do they proclaim such a thing?

Some cyclists justify RLJ by saying they believe it to be safer for them, however that is only a minority.
Because a few cyclists claim something, does not make it true for all cyclists.
Is that too hard to understand?
Old December 19th 12, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_4_]

"PhilO" wrote in
PhilO wrote:

Then why do they proclaim such a thing?

Some cyclists justify RLJ by saying they believe it to be safer for them,
however that is only a minority.
Because a few cyclists claim something, does not make it true for all
cyclists.

....or all circumstances

Is that too hard to understand?

Old December 19th 12, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/12/2012 20:56, DavidR wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

Cyclists only jump red lights for their own safety, I understood.

It's usually a good idea to check it's clear first.

Better to obey the law & not do it.

Old December 19th 12, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 19/12/2012 08:52, PhilO wrote:
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:07:25 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
Cyclists only jump red lights for their own safety, I understood.

Well you were wrong (again)

Nope, that's also been posted here dozens of times.

Old December 19th 12, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

PhilO wrote:

Then why do they proclaim such a thing?

Some cyclists justify RLJ by saying they believe it to be safer for them, however that is only a minority.

It certainly isn't a minority. If I ever saw a cyclist stop at a red
light, I'd let the media know immediately. It would be front page news
& make News at Ten.

Because a few cyclists claim something, does not make it true for all cyclists.
Is that too hard to understand?

Psycholists are indoctrinated at an early age and all have the same
thought patterns.