Another cheap Chinese rechargable light $6

Old December 12th 15, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
somebody[_2_]

Default Another cheap Chinese rechargable light $6

So far so good, fits on the helmet. Battery inside is stamped 650
mah, but with chinese stuff you never know.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428451769.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428944181.html

These were listed on that fake '11-11' sale on other aliexpress sites
for a few bucks more.
Old December 12th 15, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 9:24:07 AM UTC-5, somebody wrote:
So far so good, fits on the helmet. Battery inside is stamped 650
mah, but with chinese stuff you never know.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428451769.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428944181.html

These were listed on that fake '11-11' sale on other aliexpress sites
for a few bucks more.

BUY A CASE, sellum outside Chipotle.....
Old December 12th 15, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/12/2015 9:24 AM, somebody wrote:
So far so good, fits on the helmet. Battery inside is stamped 650
mah, but with chinese stuff you never know.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428451769.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428944181.html

These were listed on that fake '11-11' sale on other aliexpress sites
for a few bucks more.

I see that the white one is shown clipped onto a seatpost, pointed
rearward. I know that's illegal in my state, and I believe it's illegal
in most states. White is for the front, red for the rear.

And I expect that headlight would be about as useful as a candle flame.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 12th 15, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/12/2015 10:08 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/12/2015 9:24 AM, somebody wrote:
So far so good, fits on the helmet. Battery inside is
stamped 650
mah, but with chinese stuff you never know.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428451769.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428944181.html

These were listed on that fake '11-11' sale on other
aliexpress sites
for a few bucks more.

I see that the white one is shown clipped onto a seatpost,
pointed rearward. I know that's illegal in my state, and I
believe it's illegal in most states. White is for the
front, red for the rear.

And I expect that headlight would be about as useful as a
candle flame.

Or less. candles can do interesting things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UbSL3Bri4E

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 12th 15, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:08:57 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I see that the white one is shown clipped onto a seatpost, pointed
rearward. I know that's illegal in my state, and I believe it's illegal
in most states. White is for the front, red for the rear.

I think that's the arrangement preferred by those who ride their
bicycles backwards:
https://www.google.com/search?q=riding+bicycle+backwards&tbm=isch

And I expect that headlight would be about as useful as a candle flame.

Probably true if mounted on the helmet, but on the frame or
handlebars, something like this is required:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191382018009

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old December 12th 15, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://thefinancestandard.com/techno...edium=referral

VARIOUS SEEN IN SEVERAL AREAS PRE SOLSTICE
Old December 12th 15, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

White is for the front, red for the rear.

AMBER YELLOW FRONT/FRONT SIDES

NO blue....nor blue green if the law is in a bad moodo ......blue is for XMASS...

I have a deep yearning for a full width fog LED bar on the lower front with a full width driving led on the roof.

motor controlled height twister for the main beams...Euro units are driving lamp focus low beams and flare focus hi beams...so if the lows are tilted up a bit deer are clearly seen at .36 mile

the hi's require direct batt relay wiring. Frod's 18 ga doesn't do t.

seeing is outstanding.

to rock or not.....

using LED BARS allows the stereo running full tilt. even 200AMPS doesn't power the system burning halogens
Old December 12th 15, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

DEEEP **** Dude....

https://www.google.com/#q=full+width...BAR&tbm= shop

http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...20LIGHT%20BARS

http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...20LIGHT%20BARS

This is complete confusion marching off to brand name buying.

Even with replacement unit Hella's, waited on for years....40 ! I feel barnacled without projector LED or ?

Rigid is in the area. Using a Rigid shopVac, when I cudnah find the inverter before driving west to the Rio/Yuma, I remembered Home Depot where Rigid stocked a 100W/500W inverter with plausible fan cooling...fan's on one end sucking air thru the unit. Works gud.

Cleaned muh ears out coulpa days ago.....completely puzzled by a whirring sound somewhere from the cargo area.....ach a bad bearing ?

cool....caught the fan running during a pit stop.
Old December 12th 15, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/12/2015 2:05 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
... on the frame or
handlebars, something like this is required:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191382018009

I bought an antique kerosene-lamp bike headlight once, similar to that
lamp but with a wider flame. It probably dated from about 1900.

I eventually fueled it up and tried it on some dark dead-end streets in
our neighborhood. It astounded me that anyone was ever able to ride
with that as their only light source.

But, as it's been pointed out, until Edison did his thing, the world was
darker place than we can imagine. There would have been no competing
glare, and I suppose typical night vision may have been better.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 13th 15, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 8:19:24 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/12/2015 10:08 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/12/2015 9:24 AM, somebody wrote:
So far so good, fits on the helmet. Battery inside is
stamped 650
mah, but with chinese stuff you never know.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428451769.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycli...428944181.html

These were listed on that fake '11-11' sale on other
aliexpress sites
for a few bucks more.

I see that the white one is shown clipped onto a seatpost,
pointed rearward. I know that's illegal in my state, and I
believe it's illegal in most states. White is for the
front, red for the rear.

And I expect that headlight would be about as useful as a
candle flame.

Or less. candles can do interesting things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UbSL3Bri4E

One of the first things I read here way back when is to bring a candle when bike camping and make a new reflector-base for it each night out of a soda or beer can. And since the latter are plentiful alongside every american hiway, you don't need to carry one.