Mountain Biking Speed Record - Speed 110 mph - Downhill......Video Footage

Old April 16th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Mountain Biking Speed Record - Speed 110 mph - Downhill......Video Footage

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
om...
wrote:
Check this out: Mountain Bikers, I think this clip show 2, trying do
brake a Speed Record on a Volcano in Japan. They achieve up to 110 mph,
according to this video, but the Bike it seems, can not handle the 110
mph and breaks. Pretty hard core. I tried to find any information on
the www about this stunt but was not able to.
Greetings from Hans N.
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/bicyclespeed.html

That's insane. 50 MPH downhill on pavement is my record and I am
positively not looking to break that on the side of a mountain.
I think that was a Japanese video but the guy who crashed looked like a
American, a dumb one, but at least he was able to stand after that crash.
If he got back on the bike I would nominate him for a 'Darwin' award.
Bill Baka

[...]

I once got up to 45 mph going down a hill and resolved never to do it again.
I now limit myself to an absolute top speed of 25 mph. That is fast enough
to go on any bike, recumbent or upright.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 17th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
om...
wrote:
[...]

Wuss.

Regards, GG

Old April 17th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
I once got up to 45 mph going down a hill and resolved never to do it

again.
I now limit myself to an absolute top speed of 25 mph. That is fast
enough
to go on any bike, recumbent or upright.

Wuss.

Regards, GG

I have seen innumerable accidents by cyclists going down a hill too fast.
There is always some crazy explanation for the accident, but the root cause
is just going too fast.

Old April 17th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]

I have seen innumerable accidents by cyclists going down a hill too fast.

Wow - I almost never see *any* bike accidents. You must have a good spot. I
have avoided accidents by going fast.

Old April 18th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:l8WdnVNwoY0Lhd7ZnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
I once got up to 45 mph going down a hill and resolved never to do it

again.
I now limit myself to an absolute top speed of 25 mph. That is fast
enough
to go on any bike, recumbent or upright.

Wuss.

Regards, GG

I have seen innumerable accidents by cyclists going down a hill too fast.
There is always some crazy explanation for the accident, but the root

cause
is just going too fast.

You must be riding with some pretty incompetent cyclists...or, more likely
this is yet another part of your life where your fears rule your behavior
(similar to your previously stated fears of sexuality, intimacy, human
contact, gays, blacks, etc.).

FWIW, I've been to the Bicycle Tour of Colorado
(www.bicycletourcolorado.com) four times - that represents about 1,600 miles
of riding in the Rockies, with over 100,000 feet of climbing (and
descending!), and 8 crossings of the Continental Divide. With about 1500
cyclists on each tour, I've only seen a small handful of accidents, and many
of those were paceline accidents on the flats.

I stand by my assessment of your descending skills...Wuss!!

GG

Old April 19th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mark" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]

I have seen innumerable accidents by cyclists going down a hill too fast.

Wow - I almost never see *any* bike accidents. You must have a good spot.
I have avoided accidents by going fast.

I usually arrive at the scene of the accident about the same time as the
ambulance. I rather enjoy looking at all the blood and the wrecked bike. So
far I have never yet seen anyone killed by these kind of accidents, but I am
ever hopeful!

The worst accidents I have ever seen have involved tandems. I really feel
sorry for the poor dumb woman who trusted her husband to consider her
safety. Bottom line, really stupid people should not be riding any kind of
bicycle at all. Way too dangerous!

Old April 20th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:l8WdnVNwoY0Lhd7ZnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

I have seen innumerable accidents by cyclists going down a hill too fast.
There is always some crazy explanation for the accident, but the root
cause is just going too fast.

I thought minnesota was just a corn patch?

Old April 20th 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Jack Maars" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:l8WdnVNwoY0Lhd7ZnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

I have seen innumerable accidents by cyclists going down a hill too fast.
There is always some crazy explanation for the accident, but the root
cause is just going too fast.

I thought minnesota was just a corn patch?

Always capitalize the names of states, cities and nations. Were you born in
a barn?

Old April 20th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:RoednQ3FgsBoENjZnZ2dnUVZ_sSdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
safety. Bottom line, really stupid people should not be riding any kind of
bicycle at all. Way too dangerous!

ACK, but doesn't have to do with speed. I have seen Tour de France riders
descend with cyclotourists after a mountaintop finish stage in mid-nineties.
The pro's were going twice as fast and looked ten times as comfortable and
safe as the rest.

Mark

Old April 20th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
[...]

I have seen innumerable accidents by cyclists going down a hill too
fast.

I usually arrive at the scene of the accident about the same time as the
ambulance.

A very impressive ambulance. You see the crash and the ambulance arrive at
the same time!

Mark