London Mayor to ban unsafe lorries.

Old October 1st 16, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

Default London Mayor to ban unsafe lorries.

Good news. Makes me glad I voted for him. Hopefully diesel vehicles will
be the next to be banned.

The only doubt is Andrew Gilligan's comments at the bottom of the article.
Old October 1st 16, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 01/10/2016 13:14, Nick wrote:
Good news. Makes me glad I voted for him. Hopefully diesel vehicles will
be the next to be banned.

Ah, a return to trams and trolley buses, with steam lorries, and Hackney
Carriages, good idea.

Old October 1st 16, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jude[_4_]

From Nick :

Good news. Makes me glad I voted for him. Hopefully diesel vehicles will
be the next to be banned.

The only doubt is Andrew Gilligan's comments at the bottom of the article.

That link highlights how lorries are involved in pedestrian and cyclist deaths
in numbers that are massively disproportional to their level of London city's
road use. The figures suggest this proposed ban for the least safe lorries in
2020, and gradually banning less safe lorries in subsequent years, is overdue.

I understand that haulage firms should be given time to renew and adapt their
fleets in order to reduce deaths on London's roads. But, the only outstanding
question should be: why is this ban taking so long to effect?

Old October 1st 16, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 01/10/2016 17:51, Jude wrote:

From Nick :

Good news. Makes me glad I voted for him. Hopefully diesel vehicles will
be the next to be banned.

The only doubt is Andrew Gilligan's comments at the bottom of the article.

That link highlights how lorries are involved in pedestrian and cyclist deaths
in numbers that are massively disproportional to their level of London city's
road use. The figures suggest this proposed ban for the least safe lorries in
2020, and gradually banning less safe lorries in subsequent years, is overdue.

I understand that haulage firms should be given time to renew and adapt their
fleets in order to reduce deaths on London's roads. But, the only outstanding
question should be: why is this ban taking so long to effect?

Good question.

Let London ban lorries if it likes.

It'll soon become apparent what a lunatic idea it is.

Give it a week - a fortnight at most - before the population of London
demands that the ban is removed.

Old October 1st 16, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jude[_4_]

From JNugent :

On 01/10/2016 17:51, Jude wrote:

From Nick :

[...]

It's not a ban on all lorries that is being proposed, but a ban on the more
"unsafe" lorries.

This could work in conjunction with certain lorries only being allowed into
London during certain hours. When the city is less congested, during some of
the hours of darkness, for example.

Old October 1st 16, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 1 October 2016 19:36:53 UTC+1, Jude wrote:

It's not a ban on all lorries that is being proposed, but a ban on the more
"unsafe" lorries.

The last HGV death was 15 months ago anyway.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-10339057.html
Old October 1st 16, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
On 01/10/2016 13:14, Nick wrote:
Good news. Makes me glad I voted for him. Hopefully diesel vehicles
will be the next to be banned.

Ah, a return to trams and trolley buses, with steam lorries, and
Hackney Carriages, good idea.

Muslim TELLS us what is going to happen.
We will let it happen, we always do.
This **** is only part of the Londonistan plan.

Old October 1st 16, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 1 October 2016 19:55:43 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Muslim TELLS us what is going to happen.
We will let it happen, we always do.
This **** is only part of the Londonistan plan.

I refuse to have my teeth seen to by this scum.

http://www.hulldentist.com/meet-the-team
Old October 1st 16, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 1 October 2016 19:55:43 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Muslim TELLS us what is going to happen.
We will let it happen, we always do.
This **** is only part of the Londonistan plan.

I refuse to have my teeth seen to by this scum.

http://www.hulldentist.com/meet-the-team

You have said that you have killfiled me.
Is that just another part of your bull****ting?

Old October 1st 16, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jude[_4_]

From Alycidon :

On Saturday, 1 October 2016 19:36:53 UTC+1, Jude wrote:

It's not a ban on all lorries that is being proposed, but a ban on the more
"unsafe" lorries.

The last HGV death was 15 months ago anyway.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-10339057.html

But the last HGV pedestrian death was only a few days ago.