So who can the President fire?

Old December 31st 18, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default So who can the President fire?

Further to a discussion way of the topic in another thread, after looking into the matter, the following seems generally true:

1. The President can fire what are called principal officers. They're Cabinet Secretaries and heads of Federal Agencies (except that at least one appointment is for life), essentially those who need Congressional assent, but not including the federal judiciary. Basically, if the president appointed them, or a president appointed them in the case of holdovers like Sally Yates, the President can fire them, except for the judiciary appointed for life.

2. There are other whole classes of executive officers who are appointed by the President who serve at his pleasure. US Attorneys are one example. They can be fired at any time for any or no reason. Every four years the convention is that such classes offer their resignations to the incoming President.

3. There are some agencies whose employees are outside the civil service, like the FBI, and they're relatively easy to fire, as the Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was a couple of days before he could have resigned on pension, and a whole roster of very senior FBI officials were also fired for misconduct in the Hillary Clinton emails matter, for lying to a FISA court about the so-called Russia dossier, and for demonstrable political bias.

4. The greater mass of civil servants cannot be fired without a whole lot of palaver and waste of time, even for incompetence. "The failings in our civil service are encouraged by a system that makes it very difficult to fire someone even for gross misconduct..." John McCain said. "We must do away with the current system that treats federal employment as a right and makes dismissal a near impossibility." https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...mcain-federal/

5. Note that the Vice-President, though presumably a principal officer, cannot be fired by the President, for the same reason that the president can't fire Members of Congress, because the vice-presidency is an elected position, not an appointment by the president.

Andre Jute
It's shameful that I should do my own research when there are so many Americans here
Old January 1st 19, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/31/2018 7:11 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Yes, Andre, we all look to you. The great hope of America and freedom around the world.

:-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 1st 19, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 12:40:18 AM UTC, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/31/2018 7:11 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Yes, Andre, we all look to you. The great hope of America and freedom around the world.

:-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

We all know you're the enemy of free speech, Franki-boy. No need to bring it to our attention again. We know you're beyond redemption.

Andre Jute
I need to wash my hands every time I write to this fascist clown
Old January 1st 19, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 7:55:57 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Jay Beattie says: " This is what the government would have proved at trial."

Really? Surely you mean "This is what the government CLAIMS it would have proved at trial." The Mueller team of Democrat donors first bankrupted General Flynn and then threatened to go after his son if he didn't roll over. There's a very large difference between extorting a confession from someone by threats to his family, and proving whatever he confesses to under duress in a contested case in court. Surely they taught you that much at college? If not, you should ask for your tuition to be returned.

This "Russia Dossier -- Mueller Special Counsel Investigation" will go down in history as the most corrupt series of incidents in all of American history.

Top-posting is a federal offense. Happy new year Andre! Things slow down at the pulp (fiction) mill?

I know how disappointing it can be to actually look at a transcript where an intelligent, high level official represented by the greatest (over-priced) legal talent in the United States cops a plea in open court -- after ten minutes of admonitions and specifically states under oath that the plea is voluntary and not coerced. Recall that the plea was to lying and not the underlying (possible) Logan Act violation or other federal law violations. We'll learn about that later when the Mueller report is issued. Flynn lied, got caught and got prosecuted. It's pretty simple. He'll get probation or maybe a suntan opportunity at Club Fed. BTW, all criminal investigations are coercive, and when you lie and get caught, you're just throwing gasoline on the fire. Nixon and Clinton proved that point.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 2nd 19, 02:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 10:59:09 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:

Right here in the liberal hell-hole of Portland. https://images.trvl-media.com/hotels...b0d3e02c_z.jpg

I don't know about "hellhole" -- must be so if you say so -- but it sure is haunted. Check the image, bottom lefthand quadrant.

Back in the 60s, my orthodontist was Japanese,

Remind me, when this political crap is behind us and Mr Pence is president after two terms of Mr Trump, to tell you of the vicious hostess who put me at a table with the other psychiatrists at a wedding my gay Jewish dentist took me to. She put him at a table of single Jewish girls...

AJ
Old January 2nd 19, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM, wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!

On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.

Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.
Old January 2nd 19, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

https://www.history.com/news/operati...54-deportation

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

The president on holiday Alycidon UK 15 August 24th 15 08:54 AM
UCI President Pat McQuaid said... [email protected] Racing 0 August 5th 13 06:46 AM
President Obama.... atriage[_6_] Racing 1 July 24th 11 05:31 PM
Ed Dolan the Great for President! JimmyMac Mountain Biking 5 September 9th 08 01:25 AM
Ewoud Dronkert for President!!! Richard Longwood Racing 18 November 10th 04 07:59 AM