Cabbie strike Oct. 22 - HOPE IT LASTS FOREVER!

Old October 24th 07, 03:01 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,nyc.transit,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.general,rec.bicycles.misc
Prisoner at War

Default Cabbie strike Oct. 22 - HOPE IT LASTS FOREVER!

On Oct 19, 3:51 pm, dgk wrote:

While true, I do not find cabbies to be the worst for bicyclists. I
rarely have a problem with them but I also know to anticipate what
they're likely to do which is tougher for non-yellow vehicles. The
problem is, no cabs mean more private cars.

Good point. I also don't have too much of a problem with cabbies;
even the most aggressive cabbie is better than the typical suburban
teenager on a Friday night, in my experience!

On a pedicab note, I had my bike chained to that railing a block below
Radio City (I was going to an event in the Microsoft office one block
north in the AXA building). When I got out, in the time it took me to
unlock the bike, two pedicabs had convinced people waiting for a cab
to go with them instead. I helped close the sale on one when I
mentioned that I was a good biker but those guys were pros.

Good job! I'd never even considered them a form of public
transportation before...people actually use them for that? I thought
it was simply sight-seeing tourists.

You know, what they really need is them Bronx bubble-butt latinas
pedaling those things...!

Now, can we get rid of those F***ING articulated buses please.

They're not so bad, except turning on corners, of course -- but most
bus routes are 95% straight, anyway....