Today's Ride

Old July 5th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fairypenguin22

Default Today's Ride

So today I went out to ride at a walking track at my old elementary
school, conveniently located across the street from my neighborhood.
Next to the school is a little park with some curvy sidewalks that I
might use to practice turns. The track is a quarter-mile long, and I
was able to make it almost halfway around. I could have done better
except for one problem. My left foot kept slipping a little bit forward
on the pedal, and after a while it would slide off resulting in a UPD. I
don't know if this was a problem from trying a different shoe today or
from having crappy pedals on my 20" Sun. Today I wore 'Adidas Samba
indoor soccer shoes' (http://tinyurl.com/4jszn4), I decided to try them
because I had read that most unicyclists like flat shoes. Otherwise I
wear 'Asics Gel-Frantic 2s'
(http://www.besportier.com/archives/a...frantic-2.jpg), I like
how the pedal can settle into the groove in front of the shox-like
things on the heel. How can I combat this slipping?

--
fairypenguin22

St. Louis, MO riders please PM me.

Today's Ride Tom Crispin UK 0 May 5th 08 10:04 PM
Today's ride wafflycat UK 19 February 19th 08 01:22 PM
Today's Ride Nigel Randell[_2_] UK 5 October 23rd 07 10:38 AM
Seen on today's ride Brian G UK 31 January 25th 06 12:58 PM
Today's ride Tim Hall UK 6 February 3rd 04 11:45 AM