Spinning Shoes? What are they?

Old July 11th 04, 05:46 AM
HardwareLust

Default Spinning Shoes? What are they?

Mark wrote:
Hi Folks, Guess I've been out of the mix for too many years, but I
have some questions about what these shoes are, and what/how can they
be used?

I gather that these are basically designed for indoor training on a
Cycle Machine, correct? (Like at a Bally's Gym perhaps?)

What I wonder is, can shoes like these be perhaps used as an outdoor
biking shoe, like the old style Track/Pista Shoes with Campy Cage
Pedals?

What I would like to find, is a plain old regular lightweight Bike
shoe, like modern Raod Shoes, that does not have a super-slick sole,
and without screw-holes for cleat attachment.

In regards to an earlier thread which I also followed/read, I did see
mention to the Carnac "Piste" shoe, and this appears to be basically
what I'd like, but I did cringe a little when I found out thier price
was about $160.

So basically, my question is: "Can a Spinning shoe be used like a
Pista Track Shoe?" TIA Mark

I don't know about "spinning shoes", but the two gyms I go to, one has
pedals that have the standard SPD mechanism on one side, and clip/strap on
the other side. The other gym I go to has pedals that are SPD on one side
and Look on the other, and they have a clip/strap platform that snaps into
the Look side if you don't have cycling shoes at all. So, you can basically
use any regular cycling shoe, either mountain or road in either gym it
seems.

I do have a pair of Lake shoes that were advertised as 'spinning' shoes,
they are merely road shoes with some extra rubber on the sole for traction
and SPD mounting holes on the bottom. Nothing particularly special about
them.

Regards,
H.

Old July 11th 04, 02:37 PM
Bert L.am

"HardwareLust" schreef in bericht
Mark wrote:
[...]

there is no such thing as a spinning shoe. There are people who want you to
believe they manufacture them. They want to sell them to you.