Cyclist Suffers Severe Burns After ’iPhone Explodes’ In Mountain Bike Crash

Old August 2nd 16, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Cyclist Suffers Severe Burns After ’iPhone Explodes’ In Mountain Bike Crash

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cyclist-su...091139907.html
Old August 2nd 16, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-08-02 09:45, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cyclist-su...091139907.html

And yet people in this here NG scoffed when I mentioned that the much
bigger 60Wh Li-Ion battery on my MTB is mounted in a shock-buffered and
crash-proof box plus has an emergency off switch.

I'd never wear an electronic device with a Li-Ion battery in a pocket
while mountain biking. My cell phone rides in the right pannier, always.
On the road bike as well as the MTB.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old August 2nd 16, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 9:45:48 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cyclist-su...091139907.html

Are there Lycra shorts with pockets over the bicepts femorus (back of the upper leg, below the butt)? Seems like a weird place to put a pocket -- and a weird place to put an iPhone.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 2nd 16, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 1:16:15 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 9:45:48 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cyclist-su...091139907.html

Are there Lycra shorts with pockets over the bicepts femorus (back of the upper leg, below the butt)? Seems like a weird place to put a pocket -- and a weird place to put an iPhone.

-- Jay Beattie.

but very hip !

http://goo.gl/RaEGLc

if the accident released gas fumes ....n you landed on ....

ima gonna go back to rally accidents.......
Old August 3rd 16, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

jbeattie wrote:
:On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 9:45:48 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cyclist-su...091139907.html

:Are there Lycra shorts with pockets over the bicepts femorus (back of the upper leg, below the butt)? Seems like a weird place to put a pocket -- and a weird place to put an iPhone.

The shorts I'm wearing -- not cycling shorts, but just a pair of chino
shorts -- have front pockets that would allow the phone to swing to
about where his burn is. Many mountain bike shorts do have pockets,
too, so maybe he was wearing those or not bike-specific costume.

--
sig 22