...but titanium is

Old May 24th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default ...but titanium is

A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ
Old May 24th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 23, 7:34 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ

My watches are all carbon fiber. So there back.

Pee Ess-- When I want to feel retro, I wear my steel watch. It is
much slower than my carbon ones.
Old May 24th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On May 23, 6:42 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On May 23, 7:34 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ

My watches are all carbon fiber. So there back.

Pee Ess-- When I want to feel retro, I wear my steel watch. It is
much slower than my carbon ones.

I have a titanium ring, which I occasionally wear as a high-performance
wedding band. The ring was a prize at a charity ride my club did. It's
quite a conversation piece when you hand it to other people and ask them
to guess what metal it is; Ti is light and lustrous and not usually
encountered in one's daily life.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

A buddy of mine and his wife wear titanium rings as their wedding
bands, because they wanted to boycott the African mining industry.
Old May 24th 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 23, 7:42 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
wrote:
On May 23, 7:34 pm, Andre Jute wrote:

A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ

My watches are all carbon fiber. So there back.

Pee Ess-- When I want to feel retro, I wear my steel watch. It is
much slower than my carbon ones.

That's odd, the one thing that peeves me about the stainless watch
that's on my wrist now is that it runs consistently fast, even after
having it serviced and adjusted.

Of course, 5 PM comes that much sooner every day

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

The truly successful wear watches, but pay no attention to them.

tf
Old May 24th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On May 23, 5:34*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ

Dude:

My glass frames are made of titanium. I used to go through frames
every year. Now, I've had the same frame for 5 years. I bends and
twists, but won't brake. I also have a custom ti frame. Bought it for
$500. It doesn't rust, It doesn't get old, It doesn't break. Once A
year, I get sandpaper and sand it a little. It looks new again. Maybe,
in 1000 years, If I keep sanding it, It will dissolve into thin air.

Andres
Old May 24th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On May 24, 2:57*pm, " wrote:
On May 23, 5:34*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ

Dude:

Is that me? My name is Andre. How'd you do, Andres.

My glass frames are made of titanium. I used to go through frames
every year.

Ah, to be young and reckless.

Now, I've had the same frame for 5 years. I bends and
twists, but won't brake.

I've had the same gold spectacle frames over thirty years. I got tired
of plated frames getting dull or pitting from perspiration and had a
thin frame machined to my own design from a billet. It is worth more
now than it cost when new.

I also have a custom ti frame. Bought it for
$500. It doesn't rust, It doesn't get old, It doesn't break. Once A
year, I get sandpaper and sand it a little. It looks new again. Maybe,
in 1000 years, If I keep sanding it, It will dissolve into thin air.

Congratulations. Does your frame builder have a URL?

Andres

Old May 24th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On May 24, 12:41*am, wrote:
On May 23, 7:34 pm, Andre Jute wrote:

A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ

My watches are all carbon fiber. *So there back.

Pee Ess-- When I want to feel retro, I wear my steel watch. *It is
much slower than my carbon ones.

I'm not macho enough for great big stainless steel watches.

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/WATCHES.html
Old May 24th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:
On May 23, 7:34 pm, Andre Jute wrote:

A bike may not be jewelry but titanium is -- several of my sports
watches are titanium. So there. -- AJ

My watches are all carbon fiber. *So there back.

Pee Ess-- When I want to feel retro, I wear my steel watch. *It is
much slower than my carbon ones.

That's odd, the one thing that peeves me about the stainless watch
that's on my wrist now is that it runs consistently fast, even after
having it serviced and adjusted.

Of course, 5 PM comes that much sooner every day

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

The truly successful wear watches, but pay no attention to them.

tf

I'm deeply horrified that you should impugn my character by implying
that I use a watch in my work; I work until the job is done, without
reference to time. It is only in one of my hobbies, cycling, that I
wear a watch (and that's a bit superfluous as both my favourite bike's
computer control module and my heart rate monitor display clocks --
the wrist flyback is just more convenient to operate on the fly
without disturbing the desired settings on the other dials). Even when
I was in advertising, and at least theoretically had office hours, I
didn't wear a watch or carry money or cards; that is why one has
assistants. Mind you, my favourite watch to wear cycling has a slide
rule bezel http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/YULtideUTC.html so
while I'm lying on my back on a parapet beside a susurrus stream I can
still exercise my mind by doing abstruse electronic calculations for
my other hobby, designing retro tube audio amplifiers
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/JUTE%20ON%20AMPS.htm

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/O...20ARISING.html

Titanium what ever Techniques 18 November 11th 04 11:11 AM
Titanium what ever Techniques 1 November 10th 04 04:59 PM
Titanium what ever Techniques 0 November 10th 04 01:10 AM
Titanium flyingdutch Australia 33 April 3rd 04 10:54 AM
Titanium showard Unicycling 7 February 14th 04 04:49 PM