Go Sandy!

Old July 27th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

Default Go Sandy!

Isn't it nice to have a good bit of racing to talk about, after all the
****e? Go Sandy! That was a perfectly executed move, off the back and down
the inside of the traffic island, giving him enough room to get a clear
gap. Yes, Boogerd pulled him back in the end, but then didn't have enough
left in the tank to sprint. Clever, wily, exciting racing. And then in his
post race interview, giving credit and thanks to all his breakaway
partners. Chapeau! An excellent example of grace in victory.

Frankly, today, I'd have been pleased to see any of Casar, Boogerd or Mercx
win - they're all great cyclists. Nothing against Lefevre, either, but the
others are all people I've watched and enjoyed watching over the years.

;; 'I think we should trust our president in every decision
;; that he makes and we should just support that'
;; Britney Spears of George W Bush, CNN 04:09:03

Old July 27th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

Simon Brooke writes:

Isn't it nice to have a good bit of racing to talk about, after all the
****e? Go Sandy! That was a perfectly executed move, off the back and down
the inside of the traffic island, giving him enough room to get a clear
gap. Yes, Boogerd pulled him back in the end, but then didn't have enough
left in the tank to sprint. Clever, wily, exciting racing. And then in his
post race interview, giving credit and thanks to all his breakaway
partners. Chapeau! An excellent example of grace in victory.

Frankly, today, I'd have been pleased to see any of Casar, Boogerd or Mercx
win - they're all great cyclists. Nothing against Lefevre, either, but the
others are all people I've watched and enjoyed watching over the years.

Right on Simon

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old July 27th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

(Simon Brooke)http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; 'I think we should trust our president in every decision
;; that he makes and we should just support that'
;; Britney Spears of George W Bush, CNN 04:09:03

It was beautiful. You could see the millisecond when he saw his
oppurtunity when they approached the island, and despite getting
caught and sitting in front he kept his cool, waited til he had a tiny
gap, knew they were just as wasted as he was and pulled it off. And
after a nasty spill earlier too!

Joseph

Old July 28th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article . com,
" wrote:

[...]

No, the spill helped. Remember Lance on the Musette Stage? It was
established then on rbr that a well-timed crash gives you a
performance-enhancing boost.

It's true, I see the Master's Fatties doing it all the time,

Old July 28th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
G.T.

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message

No, the spill helped. Remember Lance on the Musette Stage? It was
established then on rbr that a well-timed crash gives you a
performance-enhancing boost.

I didn't agree then, and don't now.

It's true, I see the Master's Fatties doing it all the time,

Before I was a Master Fatty crashing was definitely detrimental to my
performance. Now that I am a Master Fatty it would probably kill me.

Greg
--
http://ticketmastersucks.org

"Ya gotta stop riding the brakes,
ya gotta stop robbing the cradle" - Chris D

Sandy Casar Allez1 Racing 2 June 1st 06 04:40 AM
Sandy...bought it! Cat Dailey Techniques 2 January 19th 06 07:30 AM
Question for Sandy Heras B. Lafferty Racing 18 December 20th 05 02:55 AM
Elda For Sandy B. Lafferty Racing 9 July 19th 05 01:43 PM
The Good ol' sandy beach. asupercoolguy Unicycling 2 March 19th 04 07:10 AM