Bike companies not honoring warranties

Old April 1st 12, 12:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

Default Bike companies not honoring warranties

I have been hearing stories that the bike companies are not honoring warranties on carbon fiber bikes. Now mind you that this even when there is no sign of crashing. I heard one story where one guy went up to Specialized and they through him out.
Old April 1st 12, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On Apr 1, 7:31*am, Randall wrote:
I have been hearing stories that the bike companies are not honoring warranties on carbon fiber bikes. Now mind you that this even when there is no sign of crashing. I heard one story where one guy went up to Specialized and they through him out.

they went through him ?
Old April 2nd 12, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

I'll bet that took you a lot of courage to come out and tell us this
story about this "one guy".

He's probably really a sweet and often misunderstood, big-hearted guy
much like yourself.

One who only wants the love of a decent woman and a free carbon fiber
bike for some stupid ****ing dumbass move he pulled ?

Does this sound about right you corporate terrorist **** ?
Old April 3rd 12, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 4/1/2012 6:31 AM, Randall wrote:
I have been hearing stories that the bike companies are not honoring warranties on carbon fiber bikes. Now mind you that this even when there is no sign of crashing. I heard one story where one guy went up to Specialized and they through him out.

Appaling!

Warranty issues have traditionally gotten a warm welcome here.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...b82731eb2582ef

PS Last weekend I broke a Trek mtb that I bought 11 years ago.
As the original owner I brought it back to the dealer for
warranty replacement. Because of the age it's likely I'll get
a credit against a new bike. They really can't replace the
frame because nothing on the bike I broke is current. I'm
totally OK with that since I've been lusting for a 29er.

What was key was that there was no evidence of any big frontal
hits since riding like a moron voids the warranty. Did your
friend have that problem?
Old April 3rd 12, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Randall wrote:
I have been hearing stories that the bike companies are not honoring
warranties on carbon fiber bikes. Now mind you that this even when
there is no sign of crashing. I heard one story where one guy went up
to Specialized and they through him out.

Fred Flintstein wrote:
Appaling!
PS Last weekend I broke a Trek mtb that I bought 11 years ago.
As the original owner I brought it back to the dealer for
warranty replacement. Because of the age it's likely I'll get
a credit against a new bike. They really can't replace the
frame because nothing on the bike I broke is current. I'm
totally OK with that since I've been lusting for a 29er.

Luckily you should qualify for an EU warranty if you get one of these:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/bianchi-launch-two-new-29ers-for-2012-30586/
Old April 20th 12, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 4/3/2012 2:53 PM, Simply Fred wrote:
Randall wrote:
I have been hearing stories that the bike companies are not honoring
warranties on carbon fiber bikes. Now mind you that this even when
there is no sign of crashing. I heard one story where one guy went up
to Specialized and they through him out.

Fred Flintstein wrote:
Appaling!
PS Last weekend I broke a Trek mtb that I bought 11 years ago.
As the original owner I brought it back to the dealer for
warranty replacement. Because of the age it's likely I'll get
a credit against a new bike. They really can't replace the
frame because nothing on the bike I broke is current. I'm
totally OK with that since I've been lusting for a 29er.

Luckily you should qualify for an EU warranty if you get one of these:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/bianchi-launch-two-new-29ers-for-2012-30586/

Trek gave me a credit on a new bike that was more than the old
one was worth. Since I was going to replace the one that I
broke I'm pretty happy with that. And I've slaked the 29er
lust.

Sucks to be the guy that wiped out his CF bike and couldn't get
a new one.

Old April 22nd 12, 04:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Randall wrote:
I have been hearing stories that the bike companies are not honoring
warranties on carbon fiber bikes. Now mind you that this even when
there is no sign of crashing. I heard one story where one guy went up
to Specialized and they through him out.

Fred Flintstein wrote:
Appaling!
PS Last weekend I broke a Trek mtb that I bought 11 years ago.
As the original owner I brought it back to the dealer for
warranty replacement. Because of the age it's likely I'll get
a credit against a new bike. They really can't replace the
frame because nothing on the bike I broke is current. I'm
totally OK with that since I've been lusting for a 29er.

Luckily you should qualify for an EU warranty if you get one of these:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/bianchi-launch-two-new-29ers-fo....

Trek gave me a credit on a new bike that was more than the old
one was worth. Since I was going to replace the one that I
broke I'm pretty happy with that. And I've slaked the 29er
lust.

Sucks to be the guy that wiped out his CF bike and couldn't get
a new one.

Yeah but Randall sure showed them - he bravely put in his 2 cents
worth - hell 2 zloty worth and showed that minimum wage bike shop
employee who's the boss.

A whole 6-7 people have seen Randall's effective commentary on how
"one guy" couldn't get a new bike and "through him out"

This will be a case study to rival Ralph Nader's "unsafe at any speed"
or as Randall might put it - 'reer injuned cars are bad"