Inspiring Loss

Old April 7th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default Inspiring Loss

On Apr 5, 9:33 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
"It blows me away what this guy can do with one leg," says Dr.
Andy Pruitt, founder and director of the Boulder Center for Sports
Medicine and a world champion cyclist who has served as a cycling
mentor for Patrick. "He's a survivor of so much. His recovery from
addiction to a successful contributing member of society is a story
in and of itself.
"What this guy has been able to overcome is nothing short of
amazing."

What the article doesn't state is that Andy Pruitt is missing half of
one of his legs. Praise of that caliber coming from someone like Andy
Pruitt is high, indeed.

JD

Old April 7th 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
cc

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
cc wrote:
I suggest you do a little more research next time before you open
your supremely liberal mouth. There, Have some public humiliation.

Never at your hand. I've no need to do research; I've been here. A
cursory search will reveal you're simply being dishonest.

When it comes to you, I'll never be dishonest. So, the honest truth is
you're an ass.

I find it supremely ironic that you should try telling me what to do
before opening my mouth. You are the king of this NG as far as
thoughtless, misguided, or idiotic posts that are a result of a cruel
combination of stupidity and the inability to think before speaking.

Sheesh!

The post was for your sake. Just think before you speak. Seriously.

Thank you Doctor Schlocen Schtupe. Hee hee. He said seriously.

Well, your words here belie your
actions. I would say contacting agents
of the law and attorneys and spending
your own money to dig up information to
distribute on the internet suggests that
you /are/ taking it seriously. I'm not
saying you shouldn't; I'm just saying
you don't have to act like them to best
them.

I don't have an objective here; I'm just
offering a perspective on your actions.
Do what you want with it. I know that
you'll do a lot of talking here, but
you'll think about it.

Old April 9th 07, 04:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ed Pirrero

On Apr 6, 4:56 pm, cc wrote:

I don't have an objective here; I'm just
offering a perspective on your actions.

To offer perspective, first you must *have* it.

HTH.

E.P.

_Breaking Away_ 8th Most Inspiring Film Of All Time Stu Fleming Racing 11 July 6th 06 06:17 AM
Inspiring story Tamyka Bell Australia 16 May 17th 06 02:05 AM
An Inspiring Sight Paladin Mountain Biking 20 December 13th 04 02:29 AM
inspiring Dave H Racing 6 September 20th 04 08:26 PM
Inspiring Unicycle Story! MuniTune Unicycling 2 June 8th 04 10:14 AM