OT - A biker from Poland in need

Old April 6th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tepekolo (juz nie!)

Default OT - A biker from Poland in need

Hello there,
My friend Jarek Caputa, a semi-professional biker, had a serious
accident while preparing to a bike marathon. His spinal cord was
injured and he's paralyzed from the waist down. He yearns to walk
again. It is possible - a surgery in Moscow would help him. Stem cells
need to be transplanted into the cord.

You can help him. Donate via Paypal to
" (there's a link on the website too)

We set up a website for him, where you can watch a video with Jarek,
as well as find further info. Please believe me - THIS IS NOT A SCAM
plea. I shall do my best to prove it - use my e-mail(below) if you've
got any doubts. Also an article from a polish newspaper could help
(unfortunately only in polish):

http://miasta.gazeta.pl/katowice/1,35056,3974715.html

Jarek's page:

http://www.jarek-en.go.pl

thanks for any help.
Krzysztof Rowiński

P.S. This message was posted on:
rec.bicycles.soc
rec.bicycles.misc
alt.mountain-bike

Old April 7th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 6, 6:25 am, "Tepekolo (juz nie!)" wrote:
[...]

Being a resident of California, Ahnold has seen fit to use some of our
tax monies for stem cell research. Is that enough of a donation?

JD not against stem cell research, nor the tax monies being used for
that research

Old April 7th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tepekolo (juz nie!)

Well, regardless of what Mr. Schwarzenegger does, you could express
your support for this specific case by donating even a dollar. Every
cent helps.

Old April 7th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 7, 12:30 am, "Tepekolo (juz nie!)" wrote:
Well, regardless of what Mr. Schwarzenegger does, you could express
your support for this specific case by donating even a dollar. Every
cent helps.

You know, if Russell Pinder asked me for a dollar, I would send it. I
have no idea who you or your friend are, so I would not send even a
cent.

JD

Old April 7th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
peter-potato

"Tepekolo (juz nie!)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jarek Caputa,

A somewhat unfortunate name, methinks...
Peter

Old April 7th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tepekolo (juz nie!)

Well. I guess that's the problem every physically handicapped person
not rich enough to pay for the operation encounters.

If there's a thing I could do for you to prove it's not a scam, tell
me what is it. It takes just a bit of good will, instead of hostility
shown towards strangers. I don't have reasons to behave nastily,
neither have you, I guess.

I'm not telling you to donate to Jarek by all means. All I ask from
you is not to deride one's tragedy.

Old April 9th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike

On Apr 7, 11:22 am, "Tepekolo (juz nie!)" wrote:

snip

All I ask from
you is not to deride one's tragedy.

And you posted to A-MB? Might as well wish your friend better.

Old April 9th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 7, 10:22 am, "Tepekolo (juz nie!)" wrote:
I'm not telling you to donate to Jarek by all means. All I ask from
you is not to deride one's tragedy.

My point is not to derride a tragedy that may or may not have
happened. My point is that you have never posted here before and you
show up with your virtual hand extended in search of money instead of
friendship. I call that begging.

JD

OT - A biker from Poland in need Tepekolo (juz nie!) General 7 April 9th 07 04:33 AM
OT - A biker from Poland in need Tepekolo (juz nie!) UK 2 April 3rd 07 08:12 PM
Hot biker chicks and biker boys looking for fun! Ridey Isawoosy Mountain Biking 0 June 10th 06 04:26 AM
Hello From Poland FreshGirl General 9 May 11th 05 11:01 PM
anybody here from Poland? jorkee Unicycling 14 August 20th 04 04:17 PM