Our 15 Seconds of Fame

Old April 10th 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Default Our 15 Seconds of Fame

Some barneys riding funny, and some rules to live by:

http://www.thriveweekly.com/apps/pbc...704100351/1129

The "hiker" in the photo that I'm approaching from the rear is
Commander Fred, a tough old Navy guy about 66yrs old who started
riding a year ago, and who's been the most faithful to the beginner
barney rides. The dude riding up that I'm yielding to is Terry, who's
motto is "I'm slow on purpose. No, really," who came on the beginner
ride as a warm-up to the 6pm harder ride.

We've got a real challenge to educate the ignorant and ever
increasing "it's all about me" riders here, since this area has grown
so much the last few years, and hundreds (thousands?) of new riders
just don't seem to get it.

CDB

Old April 10th 07, 03:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Paladin wrote:
Some barneys riding funny, and some rules to live by:

http://www.thriveweekly.com/apps/pbc...704100351/1129

The "hiker" in the photo that I'm approaching from the rear is
Commander Fred, a tough old Navy guy about 66yrs old who started
riding a year ago, and who's been the most faithful to the beginner
barney rides. The dude riding up that I'm yielding to is Terry, who's
motto is "I'm slow on purpose. No, really," who came on the beginner
ride as a warm-up to the 6pm harder ride.

We've got a real challenge to educate the ignorant and ever
increasing "it's all about me" riders here, since this area has grown
so much the last few years, and hundreds (thousands?) of new riders
just don't seem to get it.

CDB

Nice stuff. I guess my shock was...

There's a Boise lifestyle?!?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old April 10th 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Paladin wrote:
Some barneys riding funny, and some rules to live by:

http://www.thriveweekly.com/apps/pbc...704100351/1129

The "hiker" in the photo that I'm approaching from the rear is
Commander Fred, a tough old Navy guy about 66yrs old who started
riding a year ago, and who's been the most faithful to the beginner
barney rides. The dude riding up that I'm yielding to is Terry, who's
motto is "I'm slow on purpose. No, really," who came on the beginner
ride as a warm-up to the 6pm harder ride.

We've got a real challenge to educate the ignorant and ever
increasing "it's all about me" riders here, since this area has grown
so much the last few years, and hundreds (thousands?) of new riders
just don't seem to get it.

Nice!

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old April 10th 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

Paladin wrote:

"I'm slow on purpose. No, really,"

I'm gonna use that one :-)

Good job with the Newbs.

Shawn
Old April 11th 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 10, 7:05 am, "Paladin" wrote:
Some barneys riding funny, and some rules to live by:

http://www.thriveweekly.com/apps/pbc...20070410/THRIV...

Well done, Chris. Way to get the word out.

We've got a real challenge to educate the ignorant and ever
increasing "it's all about me" riders here, since this area has grown
so much the last few years, and hundreds (thousands?) of new riders
just don't seem to get it.

Even though you have the "gun for hire" handle, wanna hire a barney
gun?

JD

Old April 11th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Apr 10, 5:43 pm, "JD" wrote:
On Apr 10, 7:05 am, "Paladin" wrote:

Some barneys riding funny, and some rules to live by:

http://www.thriveweekly.com/apps/pbc...20070410/THRIV...

Well done, Chris. Way to get the word out.

We've got a real challenge to educate the ignorant and ever
increasing "it's all about me" riders here, since this area has grown
so much the last few years, and hundreds (thousands?) of new riders
just don't seem to get it.

Even though you have the "gun for hire" handle, wanna hire a barney
gun?

JD

Well, since ya gone and mentioned it, .I remember this big ole snake-
eating freak I was following down Hulls Gulch one hot afternoon when a
Barney cut a trail, and this guy I was following shot ahead like an
angry rpg, intercepted the Barney to rip him a new one. Ahh, between
that and floating down the river on tubes, watching fireworks with the
glasses, eatin our weight in bbq... life can be good.

Send him over. I'll deputize him on the spot. They call me Marshall
out here, ya know.

CDB

Cycling Central this weekend - 15 (milli)seconds of fame Bean Long Australia 2 March 16th 07 12:01 AM
20 seconds Steph Peters UK 1 April 11th 06 07:07 PM
Fame at last [email protected] Australia 7 January 15th 05 01:26 PM
fame ubersquish Unicycling 2 September 13th 03 10:30 PM