Pantani Question

Old November 6th 04, 09:49 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Pantani Question

Perhaps Benjo has this at his fingertips. Does anyone know how much Pantani
weighed when he won the 98 Giro as compared to his weight when he rode the
2003 Giro?

--
How strange when an illusion dies, it's as though you've lost a child.--Judy
Garland

Old November 6th 04, 10:34 PM
benjo maso

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
ink.net...
Perhaps Benjo has this at his fingertips. Does anyone know how much
Pantani weighed when he won the 98 Giro as compared to his weight when he
rode the 2003 Giro?

He weighed 57 kg in 98, and I remember he said in an interview befor the
Giro of 2003 he still had to lose 2 kg. So that makes 59.

Benjo

Old November 6th 04, 11:06 PM
B. Lafferty

"benjo maso" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
ink.net...
Perhaps Benjo has this at his fingertips. Does anyone know how much
Pantani weighed when he won the 98 Giro as compared to his weight when he
rode the 2003 Giro?

He weighed 57 kg in 98, and I remember he said in an interview befor the
Giro of 2003 he still had to lose 2 kg. So that makes 59.

Benjo

Thanks. I've been watching the DVD of the 2003 Giro and thought he looked
heavier in the upper body. He climbed pretty well for a hematocrit of 50%.
It's rather sad to watch him knowing what his end was like.

Old November 7th 04, 03:06 PM
B. Lafferty

"Laz" wrote in message
om...
Pantani has always been an inspiration whenever I take to the hills

Drugged or not, he was a wonderful climber to watch.

Old November 7th 04, 03:06 PM
B. Lafferty

om...

Old November 7th 04, 10:07 PM

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:06:21 GMT, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:

"benjo maso" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
ink.net...
Perhaps Benjo has this at his fingertips. Does anyone know how much
Pantani weighed when he won the 98 Giro as compared to his weight when he
rode the 2003 Giro?

He weighed 57 kg in 98, and I remember he said in an interview befor the
Giro of 2003 he still had to lose 2 kg. So that makes 59.

Benjo

Thanks. I've been watching the DVD of the 2003 Giro and thought he looked
heavier in the upper body. He climbed pretty well for a hematocrit of 50%.
It's rather sad to watch him knowing what his end was like.

I remember watching the giro on tape this past winter when I was ill,
and had nothing to do but watch tv. SO I watched a lot of videos. It
was just after pantani died, and the giro was sort of poiignant since
it ws pantani's last race. The stage on the zoncolan was particulary
sad in a way. It was obvious pantani was a bit heavier, but he had
been doing really well that season and had really come alive in the
giro. On the zoncolan, it was really something that even with his
weight and the various health problems (that most of us didn't know
about at the time) he came in fifth. I was convinced that if pantani
was in his old form, he'd have flown up that mountain and won. Geez, I
could watch that all again, even if it is sad; it was one of the best
mountain stages I'd ever seen.

Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Question on use of Yakima BigHorn 4 Bike Rack trailer hitch. Easy question. Thanks, tryitoz Joe Donaldson General 4 March 14th 04 03:08 AM
Newbie USCF question Kurgan Gringioni Racing 39 September 15th 03 06:25 AM
Question for group Thomas Mairs Racing 18 July 25th 03 06:36 AM
Sorry, another stem question Techniques 1 July 10th 03 01:18 AM