gap?

Old August 14th 05, 04:11 PM
habbywall

Default gap?

okay could someone please explain to me through movies the difference
between gapping and all the other type of jumps?
thanks to anyone who replys

--
habbywall

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
mac g4 10.4, 20 gb ipod 3rd gen with linux

habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old August 14th 05, 04:35 PM
Fuego

a gap is a jump between 2 things, areas, whatever. it originated as a
skating term. It's usually used for talking about 2 raised objects with
a hole in between, like the GIANT gap in the beginning of the defect
trailer.

--
Fuego - A Cult of Unicyclists

If u could've aborted president bush using medicinal marijuana grown by
a gay guy with a feeding-tube who was on death row, wade u?
-GILD

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

Old August 14th 05, 04:40 PM
James_Potter

Your gap distance is the distance you can hop sideways. Pretty much
just what Fuego said, I just decided to add that as well....

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old August 14th 05, 07:06 PM
caw89

THread Jack!....

Is that Dan doing that ginormus gap in tha trailer, i dont know how the
hell he did it!!!!

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old August 14th 05, 07:08 PM
Fuego

I dunno who it was, i think it might have been him. I didn't know you
could go that fast on a 20"!

I think it was a combination of speed, skill, and wires like they used
in the matrix to hold people up.

EDIT:

Old August 14th 05, 07:12 PM
caw89

AHAHA LOL!!! SCORE. My borhter used to say that about the wires back
when i watched universe 1...but then i started doing all htat crap and
he changed his mind, I love it when people say oyu float in the air on
your uni

Old August 14th 05, 07:40 PM
unist

sorry for my question but what does it mean when you say jumping to
flat?

--
unist

HAHA
unist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10351

Old August 14th 05, 07:42 PM
James_Potter

unist wrote:
*sorry for my question but what does it mean when you say jumping to
flat? *

that means doing a gap to something that is at the same height you are
startig from. gapping to something higher than where you start from
requires more power, and gapping to something lower than where you start
requires less power.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old August 15th 05, 11:00 AM
Loosemoose

that means doing a gap to something that is at the same height you are
starting from.

I thought jumping or dropping 'to flat' meant having a horizontal
landing surface (like a road or pavement). jumping or dropping 'to
slope' is where you land on an angle like a hill or skate ramp. You can
drop further to slope than to flat since the force is distributed
downwards as well as sideways as you roll out of it.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old August 15th 05, 01:37 PM
ur

I'm pretty sure that the gap was dan heaton... It was his unicycle
anyway...

--
ur - Unicycling Revolution

Unicycling Revolution - JOIN THE REVOLUTION TODAY!
ur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4199