how things happen in a commit process to redo log files

Old May 16th 08, 01:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

Default how things happen in a commit process to redo log files

Hi

as I understand things when a change occurs something writes the change
from the database buffer cache to the redo log buffer. Then upon commit (I
suppose its) LGWR copies these changes from the redo log buffer into the redo
log files. But does it also write the rollback segment relevant to the
transaction too?

If so, I'm not sure I see why it might be needed?

thanks

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat
blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/

please remove undies for reply
Old May 16th 08, 03:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

whoops

wrong place

sorry folks

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat
blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/

please remove undies for reply

Things happen in 3's, so NO MORE please! MuniAddict Unicycling 13 April 16th 08 05:43 AM
Things which never happen Clive George UK 6 December 16th 04 06:20 PM
Things happen in 3's Iain Jones UK 5 May 24th 04 10:40 PM
Fun things that only happen if you cycle Eugenio Mastroviti UK 47 March 17th 04 02:22 AM