Sydney's drivers 'worst' for bike rage

Old August 2nd 08, 02:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Price[_3_]

Default Sydney's drivers 'worst' for bike rage

See -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...bike-rage/2008
/08/01/1217097533825.html

I suggest this is wrong - Canberra is way worse.

Best, Andrew

Old August 2nd 08, 08:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Andrew Price wrote:
See -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...bike-rage/2008
/08/01/1217097533825.html

I suggest this is wrong - Canberra is way worse.

Best, Andrew

I was just about to post this link. I cannot comment on Canberra but
have cycled in many countries and all OZ states and territories and have
been making this statement for years.

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old August 2nd 08, 09:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

In article , Andrew Price wrote:

See -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...bike-rage/2008
/08/01/1217097533825.html

I suggest this is wrong - Canberra is way worse.

Best, Andrew

maybe, Brisbane sucks too (not to mention my home, the Gold Coast)

in particular:

"Once you start putting in the infrastructure like bike lanes and signs,
and give cyclists priority, then drivers will accept them."

A spokeswoman for the Roads Minister, Eric Roozendaal, said you could
not compare Sydney to London. "Sydney has around 2000 kilometres of
cycle facilities while London only has 550 kilometres," she said.

right ... I'm here in Finland at the moment and we have totally separate
bicycle ways. The jokes that are painted on the roads in Brisbane and Sydney
sandwiching bicycles between parked cars (where a door was opened onto me) and
the traffic is a death trap.

I seem to recall that the person in charge of bicycle ways in Brisbane
City Council (himself a bicycle commuter) was killed riding to work.

its all just sad.

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat
blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/

please remove undies for reply
Old August 2nd 08, 09:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_2_]

"Jack Russell" wrote in message ...
Andrew Price wrote:
See -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...bike-rage/2008
/08/01/1217097533825.html

I suggest this is wrong - Canberra is way worse.

Best, Andrew

I was just about to post this link. I cannot comment on Canberra but
have cycled in many countries and all OZ states and territories and have
been making this statement for years.

Jack Russell is right. Sydney drivers are worst, and Sydney road are ****e on
a stick a well. At least Canberra has cycleways that go somewhere. Newcastle
is pretty good too. And Maitland is now a gem.

Tom.
Old August 3rd 08, 02:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Adam F[_5_]

Jack Russell wrote:
Andrew Price wrote:
See -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...bike-rage/2008

/08/01/1217097533825.html

I suggest this is wrong - Canberra is way worse.

Best, Andrew

I was just about to post this link. I cannot comment on Canberra but
have cycled in many countries and all OZ states and territories and have
been making this statement for years.

Hmm - apart from Northbourne Ave I've not had many probs. Then again
(unlike in Sydney) I have a comprehensive network of useful dedicated
cycleways to ride on, so that might have something to do with it

--
//Adam F
Old August 3rd 08, 05:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
20cents

In article
,

Andrew Price wrote:
See -
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...-bike-rage/200
8
/08/01/1217097533825.html

I suggest this is wrong - Canberra is way worse.

Best, Andrew

I was just about to post this link. I cannot comment on Canberra but
have cycled in many countries and all OZ states and territories and have
been making this statement for years.

Jack Russell is right. Sydney drivers are worst, and Sydney road are ****e on
a stick a well. At least Canberra has cycleways that go somewhere. Newcastle
is pretty good too. And Maitland is now a gem.

Tom.

But, but, but ...

Eric Roozendal says that there are 2,000 kms of cycleways in Sydney.

Perhaps he is counting those ridiculous green painted bits of road space
that, invariably, disappear into nothing whenever a 'traffic calming'
lump of concrete is placed across the roadway.

I would like to see said Minister actually get his arse onto a bike at
peak hour and prove these cycleways are safe.

That's my opinion,
20cents
Old August 3rd 08, 07:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Obakesan

Hi

In article , 20cents
wrote:

Perhaps he is counting those ridiculous green painted bits of road space
that, invariably, disappear into nothing whenever a 'traffic calming'
lump of concrete is placed across the roadway.

I would like to see said Minister actually get his arse onto a bike at
peak hour and prove these cycleways are safe.

I personally would love to see that! And perhaps ride some of the trains
(perhaps to and through blacktown at night by himself).

I wonder if some journalist should challenge him to it?

bike rage on a trail catzz66 General 4 August 13th 07 04:12 PM
Report on worst drivers by state Ken C. M. General 17 June 6th 06 08:26 PM
RR: Sydney's M7 ritcho Australia 16 January 30th 06 11:28 PM
Rage Rage against the crappy weather Maggie General 10 January 17th 05 05:46 PM
Oh I Love Bike Rage Lee UK 20 September 12th 03 12:40 AM