Something else to worry about

Old March 3rd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Something else to worry about

There was an article in my local paper about the latest trend for obnoxious
jerks---train horns mounted in cars. I don't really have a problem with it,
but one of the letters on their website steams me:

http://www.hornblasters.com/letters.php

"This is Angel the guy from Tampa with the red F-150 I just finished
installing the horns tonight and maaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn what a
blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can actually feel the pressure from the horns if
you stand next to the truck, these things are loud as F@#* !!!! I let the
tank and compressor fill up and hit it for the first time and man those
horns sound good as hell!! my whole neighborhood section came out to see
what was going on outside, well since 7 pm tonight till now 11 pm I have
scared about six people, one guy at the gas station while pumping gas my
girlfriend hit the horn and he must of jumped at least two feet of the
ground, the funniest one was a school bus full of kids I blew the horns
right next to them and all I heard was screaming coming out of the bus,All I
am waiting for is for someone to be riding a bike down the street so I can
just blow it once...... hey I appreciate the product it is going to be fun
having these horns, thank you very much, I will definitely advertise for
you, if you ever need a DJ for a party, car show, etc. give me a call. Bay
to Bay DJ service Angel Trueba Jr. 813-477-3728 email: baytobaydjservice at
yahoo.com thanks again for a wonderful product I will be buying from you
soon a bigger air tanks, feel free to post this letter up on your site.
Thanks , Angel.... "

Now, if I was pedaling along and some A**HOLE blew a 120db+ train horn at
me, I might be startled enough to lose control. I'm sure this jerk thinkgs
it would be funny, but would he be laughing if he caused somebody to do a
faceplant? I have a good memory, and I live in a small town. If this
happened to me I think I would remember the vehicle.

Old March 3rd 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:
:: There was an article in my local paper about the latest trend for
:: obnoxious jerks---train horns mounted in cars. I don't really have a
:: problem with it, but one of the letters on their website steams me:
::
[...]

I don't think it would bother me but I wouldn't be happy about it - the
principle of it matter.

Old March 3rd 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message
Gooserider wrote:
[...]

You don't think a train horn blasted at you from behind would startle you?
You must have nerves of steel and ice water in your veins. Hey, do you know
that there are tools which can remove the insides of a Schraeder valve? I'll
bet someone with such a tool could remove the valve cores from 4 truck tires
in about a minute or so. That would be something.

Old March 3rd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:

deleted massive posting

Sounds like a typical "get er done Florida redneck". I think everyone
should send him an email or give him a call, just for the heck of it.

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: now with it's very own domain name
http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/
Old March 3rd 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Ken C. M." wrote in message
Gooserider wrote:

deleted massive posting

Sounds like a typical "get er done Florida redneck". I think everyone
should send him an email or give him a call, just for the heck of it.

Except he's not a redneck, unless Puerto Ricans or Cubans can be rednecks. I
think this guy probably wears baggy pants and a throwback jersey.

Old March 3rd 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:
:: "Roger Zoul" wrote in message
:: ...
::: Gooserider wrote:
::::: There was an article in my local paper about the latest trend for
::::: obnoxious jerks---train horns mounted in cars. I don't really
::::: have a problem with it, but one of the letters on their website
::::: steams me:
:::::
[...]
:::
::: I don't think it would bother me but I wouldn't be happy about it -
::: the principle of it matter.
:: You don't think a train horn blasted at you from behind would
:: startle you?

It would if I were sitting in my house during quiet time not expecting
something to be there. But a loud sound coming up from behind me probably
won't simply because i expect things to come up, like cars. Sometimes a car
can pass and it really didn't even hear it coming (wind noise, etc.).
Hence, I've learned to expect that.

Now, if it came so close that I thought it was going to hit me, I'd be
startled. Or some similar thing.

You must have nerves of steel and ice water in your
:: veins. Hey, do you know that there are tools which can remove the
:: insides of a Schraeder valve? I'll bet someone with such a tool
:: could remove the valve cores from 4 truck tires in about a minute or
:: so. That would be something.

?? What?

Old March 3rd 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:
:: "Ken C. M." wrote in message
:: ...
::: Gooserider wrote:
:::
::: deleted massive posting
:::
::: Sounds like a typical "get er done Florida redneck". I think
::: everyone should send him an email or give him a call, just for the
::: heck of it.
:::
:::
:: Except he's not a redneck, unless Puerto Ricans or Cubans can be
:: rednecks. I think this guy probably wears baggy pants and a
:: throwback jersey.

There are redneck equivalents.

Old March 3rd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:
There was an article in my local paper about the latest trend for obnoxious
jerks---train horns mounted in cars. I don't really have a problem with it,
but one of the letters on their website steams me:

Thanks for the warning. Looks like their "systems" are about $200, so
any idiot can afford one (not just the idiots with money).

-JR

Old March 4th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Gooserider" wrote: (clip) Hey, do you know
that there are tools which can remove the insides of a Schraeder valve?
I'll bet someone with such a tool could remove the valve cores from 4
truck tires in about a minute or so. That would be something.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And this moron had the audacity to advertize his DJ business in the same
post. That ought to make it pretty easy to steal his valve cores.

BTW, did you know that sound levels that high cause hearing loss? He needs
to be stopped.

Old March 4th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article .com,
"SlowRider" writes:

Gooserider wrote:
There was an article in my local paper about the latest trend for obnoxious
jerks---train horns mounted in cars. I don't really have a problem with it,
but one of the letters on their website steams me:

Thanks for the warning. Looks like their "systems" are about $200, so
any idiot can afford one (not just the idiots with money).

Horns like that belong more on bikes.

I bet if a cyclist parked in the middle of an empty street and
sounded that thing off, bystanders would be vainly looking all
over the place for the source of the noise.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.