SOMETIMES RIDING BIKES IS BAD FOR YOUR YOU

Old November 10th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default SOMETIMES RIDING BIKES IS BAD FOR YOUR YOU

Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last week
http://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
world
regards
carlos
www.bikingthings.com
Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

Old November 10th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:
Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
world
regards
carloswww.bikingthings.com
Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

It's not so much the riding that's bad as the falling off...

Old November 10th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Nov 10, 3:41 pm, wrote:
On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:

Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
world
regards
carloswww.bikingthings.com
Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

It's not so much the riding that's bad as the falling off...

right! it is also the damn testosterone try not to let your buddies
win

Old November 10th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bluezfolk

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:
Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
world
regards
carloswww.bikingthings.com
Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

OUCH!!!! I hope nothings broken

Old November 11th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:
Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
world

Right. "Stay upright" is good advice. And if you fall, get up.
Keep riding.

- Frank Krygowski

Old November 11th 07, 07:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article .com,
writes:
On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:
Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
world

Right. "Stay upright" is good advice. And if you fall, get up.
Keep riding.

If necessary, self-medicate.

Necessity, of course, being deemed by the subject.

Trauma from falls requires analgesics, much
hair-stroking, smoochie, "I care so much" TLC
from one's SO (sympathy nookie ain't so bad,)
and a big bowlful of chocolate/strawberry swirl
ice cream. And a 26er of at least chilled vodka.
And some Roxy Music tunes, and some Gold Seal hash.
But then the hash makes you hungry and you have
to order something in -- maybe a whack of goat
vindaloo, or Buffalo shrimp, or the best deli
platter so far invented. So you've gotta put off
the symathy nookie to wait for the guy to knock on
your door with your phone-in order. Instead of
indulging in something nice, you find yourself
twiddling your thumbs while watching Lou Dobbs
or some other dumb thing.

And the delivery guy's gonna expect a tip, while
you're going knock-knee'd from blueballs, and
you're still gritting your teeth against the pain
of road rash. And the delivery guy's a gang member,
and now he remembers your address, your phone number,
and the size of your tip (if any.) And when you and
your SO finally get to mange out, she suddenly gets
sleepy, crashes, and becomes this unapproachable,
untouchable object taking up as much space in your
queen sized as a sea lion, snoring her head off,
blissfully entrenched in Never-Ever-Land.

Life's a proper bitch.

And falling off a bike can be expensive and
fruitless.

These are your brains.
These are your brains on a bike.
Get the message?
Don't fall off your bike.

cheers, & brains -- stew 'em w/ onions & calf kidneys,
don't fry 'em,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Old November 11th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article .com,
writes:
On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:
Here are some pictures of the result of a small fall i had last weekhttp://picasaweb.google.com/cyclingthings/Bikes
going to fast on a wet road and trying to avoid a car going up hill.
do not let this discourage you, riding bikes is the best thing in the
world
Right. "Stay upright" is good advice. And if you fall, get up.
Keep riding.

If necessary, self-medicate.

Necessity, of course, being deemed by the subject.

Trauma from falls requires analgesics, much
hair-stroking, smoochie, "I care so much" TLC
from one's SO (sympathy nookie ain't so bad,)
and a big bowlful of chocolate/strawberry swirl
ice cream. And a 26er of at least chilled vodka.
And some Roxy Music tunes, and some Gold Seal hash....

Or one can just suck it up and deal with it without bothering other people.

Yeah, there's always the Spartan approach.
I know it well. Many jaded people who lack
or shun SOs do, too.

Y'know what's so good about it? Nuthin'.

"Bothering" people?! Oi! Most people love to
care about others. If that hasn't been
your experience, you've been sadly deprived.

Heck, it's societally mandated that we care
for each other. And we do. It just doesn't
get the publicity or media focus.

cheers,
Tom

Old November 11th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article .com,
writes:
On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:
[...]

Or those that have developed the necessary mental discipline.

Y'know what's so good about it? Nuthin'.

Watching how an injured cat behaves is instructive. No yowling
complaints, they just find a quiet corner to hide in and heal.

"Bothering" people?! Oi! Most people love to
care about others. If that hasn't been
your experience, you've been sadly deprived.

Heck, it's societally mandated that we care
for each other. And we do. It just doesn't
get the publicity or media focus.

Not in our social Darwinist society.

Tradition is the worst rational for action.
Old November 11th 07, 09:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article .com,
writes:
On Nov 10, 2:58 pm, wrote:
[...]

To accomplish what of value?

Y'know what's so good about it? Nuthin'.

Watching how an injured cat behaves is instructive. No yowling
complaints, they just find a quiet corner to hide in and heal.

You go ahead 'n enjoy being an injured cat. I'll
begrudingly-happily snuggle with my snoring Siren/occasional
sea lion. In a way, she's a quiet corner in which to hide
and heal.

And besides, have you ever noticed how when you're
sick in bed with 'flu or whatever, your cats come up
to comfort you? Or at least be there ready to eat your
body in case you die.

"Bothering" people?! Oi! Most people love to
care about others. If that hasn't been
your experience, you've been sadly deprived.

Heck, it's societally mandated that we care
for each other. And we do. It just doesn't
get the publicity or media focus.

Not in our social Darwinist society.

I seriously draw issue with that notion.

People all over the world are generally good to people.

cheers,
Tom

riding bikes ROCKS Bleve Australia 24 December 15th 05 07:10 PM
What bikes are 6'4" blokes riding. Peter Goddard UK 13 March 16th 05 10:08 AM
Horner's team is riding his bikes. John Racing 32 June 23rd 04 11:17 PM
What bikes should I be test riding? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 April 13th 04 08:23 AM