Help choosing editing program, Please

Old January 2nd 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

Default Help choosing editing program, Please

Okay.. So yesterday i bought Sony Vegas 9 at Best Buy. Got home, put it
in, didn't work. So today i went back to Best Buy. Traded it in, got
home, put my new disk in, didn't work. I'm starting to get annoyed. My
camera (even though the best buy people told me it was) is for some
reason, not compatible with WMM. So I come to you. Can anyone help me
decide on a video editing program (preferably under $100) that will work
on my computer. It would also be nice to be able to download it to my
computer, rather than having to go to the store and pick it up.. Any
advice?

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 2nd 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Moderator(s), please move this thread over to JC.

Could you describe a bit more about what you mean by "didn't work" and
"not compatible with WMM"? It's very little information to work with,
other than possibly your camera is putting out some kind of annoying
file format. The answer to what file format might be found in your
camera's manual (look for PDFs on the CD, if there is one), but it also
might not...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old January 2nd 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

johnfoss;1162333 wrote:
Moderator(s), please move this thread over to JC.

Could you describe a bit more about what you mean by "didn't work" and
"not compatible with WMM"? It's very little information to work with,
other than possibly your camera is putting out some kind of annoying
file format. The answer to what file format might be found in your
camera's manual (look for PDFs on the CD, if there is one), but it also
might not...

Ooh sorry about that..

Well, when I put the disk in my drive nothing happened. I tried running
all kinds of commands and stuff but nothing happened, so I figured there
was something wrong with my disk... I guess not because the brand new
one isn't working either.. And yeah my camera is putting the clips in
MPEG4, and apparently WMM doesn't support that file type.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 2nd 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

thats weird... what camera do you have?

--
manon1wheel

-Riley Crosby

'2007 video' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKMLvlS5taI)
'2008 video now on youtube!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqWctiLjlZ4)
'2008 \"flow\" video on youtube'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowb7OqT_aU)
'2008- A Uni Life (documentary)'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZaJi0iy65s)
Old January 2nd 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

It's a samsung.. I think that it is supposed to be uploading to a
compatible format, but my computer is doing something to it... I'm not
sure what to do, this is the second camera that had this problem.

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 2nd 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni man

what type of computer do you have?

--
uni man
Old January 2nd 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
EliB

uni man;1162360 wrote:
what type of computer do you have?

Windows XP

--
EliB

-Eli Brill

**TEAM INSANITY FLATLAND**
Old January 2nd 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni man

professional or home

--
uni man
Old January 2nd 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

EliB;1162364 wrote:
Windows XP

Try giving "Jerrick" a personal message, he's a computer wiz, he has
helped me multiple times with computer problems, and getting better
quality for my videos.

--
Unisykolist

Perfected...360 Unispins - Hop up 4 pallets
Going to UniNats 2009
-Style of riding:- Street & Trials
'MOST RECENT *VIDEO*' (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ujOOCYmOgIw)
'*VIDEOS*' (www.youtube.com/unisykolist)
Old January 2nd 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

adobe premiere cs3 or cs4. Love cs3 personally.

I'd say those are your best bets. Cs4 is like $1000 easy though i
think. Atleast thats what it costs to upgrade from cs3. I wouldnt
recomend it, but you could use a torrent and download it ilegally. (ex
of websites that supply stuff Piratebay.org. Bitjunkie.org). Then you
can use bittorrent and stuff.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~

What video editing program do you use? Émile5 Unicycling 19 May 11th 08 02:08 AM
TdF TV editing datakoll Racing 20 July 26th 07 12:32 AM
video editing ntappin Unicycling 5 November 2nd 05 03:45 AM