favorite cycling DVDs?

Old December 1st 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

Default favorite cycling DVDs?

Or more broadly - favorite DVDs to watch while cycling on a trainer?
I really liked "Hell on Wheels" - any other cycling (or even non-
cycling)
movies you like? Feature movies, TdF documentaries, training videos?

JT

PS. just watched "The Triplets of Belleville" - pretty good French
animation
with plot revolving around cycling and TdF. And cycling in front of a
movie ;-)
Almost no dialog and nice, creative animation.
Old December 1st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 30, 8:33*pm, Woland99 wrote:
Or more broadly - favorite DVDs to watch while cycling on a trainer?
I really liked "Hell on Wheels" - any other cycling (or even non-
cycling)
movies you like? Feature movies, TdF documentaries, training videos?

JT

PS. just watched "The Triplets of Belleville" - pretty good French
animation
with plot revolving around cycling and TdF. And cycling in front of a
movie ;-)
Almost no dialog and nice, creative animation.

to be honest I never put cycling on when on rollers; I found seriously
hot babes doing aerobic workouts to be far more effective, you need
something to take your mind off the pain sometimes- train hard now,
fly in the spring
Old December 1st 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Dec 1, 11:44 am, wrote:
to be honest I never put cycling on when on rollers; I found seriously
hot babes doing aerobic workouts to be far more effective, you need
something to take your mind off the pain sometimes- train hard now,
fly in the spring

LOL - "Starship Troopers" works well as middle of the road movie
(babes + violence + ridiculous plot + funny political satire).
I never rode on trainer much - except for spinclasses at YMCA and
I am rather surprised - I guess on the road you can coast more -
on the trainer it is all grinding.
Old December 2nd 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Woland99 wrote:
On Dec 1, 11:44 am, wrote:
to be honest I never put cycling on when on rollers; I found seriously
hot babes doing aerobic workouts to be far more effective, you need
something to take your mind off the pain sometimes- train hard now,
fly in the spring

LOL - "Starship Troopers" works well as middle of the road movie
(babes + violence + ridiculous plot + funny political satire).
I never rode on trainer much - except for spinclasses at YMCA and
I am rather surprised - I guess on the road you can coast more -
on the trainer it is all grinding.

Did you spin as fast as Heinlein [1] in his grave?

[1] My favorite Heinlein novel is "For Us, The Living", since it has
footnotes.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old December 2nd 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Dec 1, 11:22 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Did you spin as fast as Heinlein [1] in his grave?

[1] My favorite Heinlein novel is "For Us, The Living", since it has
footnotes.

Never read anything by Heinlein. I guess the movie was just inspired
by the book and was deliberately given that 90210 look - weird mixture
of teen soap opera, mindless violence and fascist brainwashing.
It is trashy but it is entertaining. And very tongue in cheek like
rest of Verhoeven's movies.
Old December 3rd 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Woland99 wrote:
On Dec 1, 11:22 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Did you spin as fast as Heinlein [1] in his grave?

[1] My favorite Heinlein novel is "For Us, The Living", since it has
footnotes.

Never read anything by Heinlein. I guess the movie was just inspired
by the book and was deliberately given that 90210 look - weird mixture
of teen soap opera, mindless violence and fascist brainwashing.
It is trashy but it is entertaining. And very tongue in cheek like
rest of Verhoeven's movies.

"Trashy" does NOT apply to the writings of Heinlein!