(ex) cyclists behaving badly

Old December 13th 06, 05:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Default (ex) cyclists behaving badly

Anyone seen the cover of the 'Herald Sun'
(http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...84-661,00.html)
today? Just what is it about former high-profile cyclists and messy
relationship breakups? Ok there's always two (or more) sides to any
story, but kinda wish people would have more self-respect and keep
their personal crap out of the media.

*sigh*

--
cfsmtb

Old December 13th 06, 05:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama

$3.5m estate!! coorrr... Quick, someone get me some fluro kit, wrap
around sunnies, a bike with down tube shifters, and some 'gear'.. I'm
off to make some monies in Europe!!

lama

--
gplama

Old December 13th 06, 06:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

cfsmtb wrote:
Anyone seen the cover of the 'Herald Sun'
(http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...84-661,00.html)
today? Just what is it about former high-profile cyclists and messy
relationship breakups? Ok there's always two (or more) sides to any
story, but kinda wish people would have more self-respect and keep
their personal crap out of the media.

*sigh*

--
cfsmtb

I'm just wondering how the Herald Sun (and I suppose all the other
newspapers with the same owner that will undoubtedly publish this story
to save on paying their writers to come up with local stories)
determined that such a story is newsworthy? Must be a slow news week.

Old December 13th 06, 07:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

gplama wrote:
$3.5m estate!! coorrr... Quick, someone get me some fluro kit, wrap
around sunnies, a bike with down tube shifters, and some 'gear'.. I'm
off to make some monies in Europe!!

You may be interested to know (if you didn't already ) that Phil
Anderson was one of Shimano's test riders for STI shifters. So ditch
the downtubes and you -may- be a chance....

Old December 13th 06, 07:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Snuffy

I was just staying at a holiday cottage somewhere between Apollo Bay and
Lorne just last weekend....

No signs of Phil's hard rubbish unfortunately

--
Snuffy

Old December 13th 06, 09:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
JoeD

Just seen a promo on channel 7 and this stories on Today tonight tomorrow
night.
Can't be too much news around. Maybe news reporters are getting bored with
the bushfires.

"Bugbear" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old December 13th 06, 10:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ProfTournesol

JoeD Wrote:
Just seen a promo on channel 7 and this stories on Today tonight
tomorrow
night.
Can't be too much news around. Maybe news reporters are getting bored
with
the bushfires.

"Bugbear" wrote in message
oups.com...

cfsmtb wrote:
Anyone seen the cover of the 'Herald Sun'

(http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...84-661,00.html)
today? Just what is it about former high-profile cyclists and messy
relationship breakups? Ok there's always two (or more) sides to any
story, but kinda wish people would have more self-respect and keep
their personal crap out of the media.

*sigh*

--
cfsmtb

I'm just wondering how the Herald Sun (and I suppose all the other
newspapers with the same owner that will undoubtedly publish this

story
to save on paying their writers to come up with local stories)
determined that such a story is newsworthy? Must be a slow news

week.

gee, a relationship breakup is hard enough without a half-baked (or
quarter-baked) version of the events appearing on the front page.
People should be allowed dignity and privacy.

--
ProfTournesol

Old December 13th 06, 10:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

ProfTournesol wrote:
gee, a relationship breakup is hard enough without a half-baked (or
quarter-baked) version of the events appearing on the front page.
People should be allowed dignity and privacy.

Clearly at least 1 of the 2 parties involved was keen on getting some
publicity.

BTH

Old December 14th 06, 04:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DJ

"Bleve" wrote in message
ups.com...

gplama wrote:
$3.5m estate!! coorrr... Quick, someone get me some fluro kit, wrap
around sunnies, a bike with down tube shifters, and some 'gear'.. I'm
off to make some monies in Europe!!

You may be interested to know (if you didn't already ) that Phil
Anderson was one of Shimano's test riders for STI shifters. So ditch
the downtubes and you -may- be a chance....

Try to invent some psycho changers that'll change on command when you want
them to or programs itself into your psychic waves......I just wonder what
it'll do when i keep thinking I need an extra couple of gears...will it
deliver? maybe the next millineum moneymaker.

dj