Flat Discussion Thread

Old December 29th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Default Flat Discussion Thread

Start to hop sif on the cranks right away, learn to transition into this
directly (If you can't already)

and then just hop until yuo feel balanced. Small hops also seem to help
for me, jump off the ground only around 1 cm, or what ever the smallest
is you can do.

edit: get into you hand position for the trick right away also.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old December 29th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Any Terrain,

I usually put my right foot on the crank and my left foot on the pedal
when I mount (before a seatwrap). I do this because there is no reason
for the left foot to be on the crank if it's coming off first. Is this a
good idea? Should I start with both feet on cranks when I mount?

Does this^ make sense???

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old December 29th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Just be sure do the first wrap with the back foot so you can learn
rolling wraps later. After that, it's really not so hard, I got
seatwraps consistent about as quickly as 180 unispins.

EDIT: Yes, both feet on cranks at the start, lately I haven't been
doing it when I ride straight into a rolling wrap but it helps keep
balance even (for me) with a static seatwrap.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in Colorado or want to check for events?
'Colorado Unicycles forum'
(http://z13.invisionfree.com/Colorado_Unicycles/)-still in development.
Old December 29th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

hungry4uni;1159845 wrote:
Any Terrain,

I usually put my right foot on the crank and my left foot on the pedal
when I mount (before a seatwrap). I do this because there is no reason
for the left foot to be on the crank if it's coming off first. Is this a
good idea? Should I start with both feet on cranks when I mount?

Does this^ make sense???

Well if you have been doing it this way for a while I guess you should
keep doing it this way.

BUT, try to start with both feet on the cranks because this may help
the cranks stay more horizontal and your wieght will be more evenly
distributed. = better balance

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old December 29th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Any Terrain;1159849 wrote:
Well if you have been doing it this way for a while I guess you should
keep doing it this way.

BUT, try to start with both feet on the cranks because this may help
the cranks stay more horizontal and your wieght will be more evenly
distributed.

I can see where you're going with this. Thank you. I'll give it a go
tommorow

Old December 29th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Actually, it might hinder you a bit to start both feet on cranks when
you begin trying combos into rolling wraps, but it isn't much different
either way.

Static wraps are probably easier with both feet on cranks, because then
you start closer to the right balance point for the beginning of the
wrap.

Old December 29th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

One more thing. Do you bring your foot off before you move the seat, or
after? Or at the same time?

Old December 29th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
FlatFreak

U move ur foot first and fast after u move ur seat over it

--
FlatFreak

my youtube user: www.youtube.com/user/kevinerdust

Looking for style to unicycle?..... choose Flatlanding!!
Old December 29th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jon Atwell

agentQ;1157906 wrote:

I would love to find something that can last longer than 2-3 months,
but to be honest I think heavy skating destroys shoes faster... so until
we have unicycle specific shoes I should be just be happy I dont
skateboard.

nike 6.0's best shoe ive ever worn

--
Jon Atwell
Old December 29th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Jon Atwell;1160240 wrote:
nike 6.0's best shoe ive ever worn

How thick are the sides of the them? I tried on a couple pairs of Nikes
and thought they were a bit to thin.

--
agentQ

---