Cruiser Bikes For 10 Miles A Day or More?

Old May 30th 04, 05:15 AM
James Lynx

Default Cruiser Bikes For 10 Miles A Day or More?

How are cruiser bikes for doing rides of 10 miles or more? I find
cruiser bikes very comfortable more so than mountain bikes and I don't
care for road bikes. Would a cruiser bike work out for something like
this or are they designed for less of a workout?

Thanks,

James
Old May 30th 04, 06:08 AM
Eric S. Sande

How are cruiser bikes for doing rides of 10 miles or more? I find
cruiser bikes very comfortable more so than mountain bikes and I don't
care for road bikes. Would a cruiser bike work out for something like
this or are they designed for less of a workout?

The last "cruiser" bike I rode was in like 1966. So I can't give
a contemporary perspective.

However.

If the tires are pumped up they aren't going to be any less efficient
than any other bicycle with sprung saddles and heavier than normal
equipment.

And limited positioning options.

But I suppose it is possible to ride them for long distances, yet I
feel that there are better options available.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old May 30th 04, 05:55 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old May 30th 04, 08:27 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Speaking from the European side of the pond....

what's a "cruiser bike"?

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 30th 04, 08:29 PM
S o r n i

Speaking from the European side of the pond....

what's a "cruiser bike"?

A cycle on the make.

Bill "da-rumtum" S.

Old May 30th 04, 08:30 PM
Bernie

Speaking from the European side of the pond....

what's a "cruiser bike"?

Cheers, helen s

**$o m$

Cruisers are "retro" fat tire bikes like the old Schwinns, etc. "Large"
look to them, often with single speed, rear coaster brake, huge
handlebars...

http://www.roadbikereview.com/2004,C...2_5669crx.aspx

Bernie

Old May 30th 04, 08:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

A cycle on the make.

Bill "da-rumtum" S.

Thank you.... every newsgroup has one ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 30th 04, 08:50 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Cruisers are "retro" fat tire bikes like the old Schwinns, etc. "Large"
look to them, often with single speed, rear coaster brake, huge
handlebars...

http://www.roadbikereview.com/2004,C...,DellaCruz/PRD

_290872_5669crx.aspx

Bernie

Thanks Bernie. Now I've seen one, I know it's not something I have a need to
rush out & buy :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 30th 04, 08:54 PM
Ron Hardin

Speaking from the European side of the pond....

what's a "cruiser bike"?

Andrew Wyeth, ``Young America''
http://www.awyethgallery.com/andrew/young.jpg
--
Ron Hardin

Old May 30th 04, 11:59 PM
S o r n i

Ron Hardin wrote:

Speaking from the European side of the pond....

what's a "cruiser bike"?

Andrew Wyeth, ``Young America''
http://www.awyethgallery.com/andrew/young.jpg

Boom -- instant wallpaper!

Bill "until the next cool NASA daily pic, at least" S.