My first crash.

Old February 24th 04, 03:40 PM
David Martin

Default My first crash.

On 24/2/04 2:25 pm, in article , "Helen
Deborah Vecht" wrote:

I've given up cycling now but *never* had a cycling-related crash[1]
resulting in hospital treatment. For three years, I averaged 10,000
miles pa.

But you did end up in hospital after cycling far more than most of us here
;-)

...d

Old February 24th 04, 05:35 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Helen Deborah Vecht
') wrote:

2LAP typed

MSeries wrote:
Yikes, hope you suffer/suffered no after effects. Take it easy out
there. Unfortunatley these things do happen.
--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.
http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk/h...reeserve.co.uk

I have about one crash a year of varying severity; from just falling at
tram lines to wiping out on bends.

Uuuh?!?!

I've given up cycling now but *never* had a cycling-related crash[1]
resulting in hospital treatment. For three years, I averaged 10,000
miles pa.

I had two stitches in my palm once, about thirty-five years ago.

I'm fed up with Life 1.0. I never liked it much and now it's getting
me down. I think I'll upgrade to MSLife 97 -- you know, the one that
comes in a flash new box and within weeks you're crawling with bugs.

Old February 24th 04, 07:54 PM
John Mallard

Bad luck Simon, hope there's no lasting ill efects to you or the bike.

--
Cheerful Peddling
John Mallard

Old February 24th 04, 09:18 PM
Andy

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
om...
Well, I suppose one crash in 6 years isn't bad. I had left my car at a
garage for service/repairs/MOT etc. and taken my bike off the rear
rack and rode to work. On the way back to pick it up, I rode around a
roundabout, the same roundabout I use every day, except that I took a
different line as ironically my car was waiting to be picked up at the
second exit of this roundabout and I usually take the first. The next
thing I knew, my front wheel lost grip and I ended up gashing my
ankle, banging my knee and ended with a large blow to my unhelmeted
bonce.

Thank god you weren't wearing a helmet, who knows what might
have happened otherwise. Right kids ?

Old February 24th 04, 10:26 PM
Danny Colyer

2LAP wrote:
I have about one crash a year of varying severity; from just
falling at tram lines to wiping out on bends.

Prompting David Martin to respond:
Thats about one more than me. Maybe it's something to do with riding
style?

snip
They may be part of your cycling but I sure as anything try to make
sure they are not part of mine. Sure I have fallen off a few times
but crashes that require medical attention have been virtually
non-existent. Maybe it is down to riding style.

Maybe it's also down to one's definition of "crash". 2LAP regards
falling off at tram lines as a crash, perhaps David would regard it as
simply falling off.

FWIW I've probably averaged about 3000 miles and 1 fall a year over the
last 12 years (nothing requiring medical attention), but then I'm really
not interested in mountain biking. When I want to ride rough terrain I
prefer to do it on one wheel, and I will fall several times during the
course of a properly challenging ride.

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

Old February 25th 04, 12:46 AM
Andy Dingley

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:26:19 -0000, "Danny Colyer"
wrote:

Maybe it's also down to one's definition of "crash".

I used to ski. _Really_ ski.

I can't even reach speeds on a bike which I used to regularly crash
at, and think nothing of it. Admittedly snow is softer than tarmac,
but not _that_ much softer, if you hit it fast enough. I know two
paraplegic skiers, no similar cyclists.

--
Smert' spamionam
Old February 25th 04, 02:22 AM
Simon Mason

omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in message ...
Commiserations! At least you now have some road rash to show you are a
real cyclist. :-)

And commisserations from me. What Simon now needs is one of these..

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...RTS/OTBSC.html

...an official Over The Bar Scar Club t-shirt :-)

Yes - I'll have one of those :-)
Simon

Mayo Crash: Nozal involved? hotbanjo Racing 5 July 8th 04 09:01 PM
Coker crash J.D. Miller Unicycling 32 November 12th 03 05:49 PM
First crash today Luigi de Guzman General 22 August 14th 03 12:48 PM
Lance / Mayo crash chronology, and pedal controversy MrBob Racing 6 July 22nd 03 10:49 PM