My first crash.

Old February 25th 04, 06:25 AM
James Annan

Default My first crash.

"Andy" wrote in message news:qcP_b.492$6l4.195@newsfe1-win...

Thank god you weren't wearing a helmet, who knows what might
have happened otherwise. Right kids ?

It would have Saved His Life, as any fule kno.

James
Old February 25th 04, 09:31 AM
2LAP

Maybe it's also down to one's definition of "crash"

Of course it does. I was hinting at notable crashes where there wa
significant damage to bike and/or rider. I have had far fewer incident
since I turned 20

One of my friends who is prone to crashing wrote off two mountain bike
in the space of 3 months. Following the acident where ribs and hips wer
broken and the lad had to be air lifted out of the woods I never g
mountain biking alone

I wonder what this years notable crash will be!!! Probably an acciden
while decending in the peaks

-

Old February 27th 04, 12:33 AM
pmailkeey

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:51:49 GMT, davebee
wrote:

Boooo. Sorry to hear about you accident. keep on riding though. I ha da
bit of an accident about 3 months ago when 3 pedestrians stepped out
from in front of a bus stopped at a bus stop, and I went over the
handlebars. Scary moment.

I take it you forgot to remember that pedestians do this ?
******************

* !!! ?

--
Comm again, Mike.
Old March 2nd 04, 02:50 AM
pmailkeey

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:50:39 GMT, 2LAP
wrote:

I have about one crash a year of varying severity; from just falling at
tram lines to wiping out on bends.

Good, that makes me feel a lot better. I used to think I was accident
prone ! At least my accidents are always the other person's fault...

....well except today...

....I'd just picked up my new glasses in Specsavers and while wearing
them, I said my goodbyes, turned round, lifted the left leg and where
I wanted to put it down was a stool and a Brompton. Only the stool
remained upright !

Therefore I guess it must have been the Brompton's fault ! Perhaps
I'll sue the manufacturer !

Actually, after a dance, I just laughed at the situation !

--
Comm again, Mike.
Old March 5th 04, 02:02 AM
pmailkeey

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:26:19 -0000, "Danny Colyer"
wrote:

FWIW I've probably averaged about 3000 miles and 1 fall a year over the
last 12 years (nothing requiring medical attention), but then I'm really
not interested in mountain biking. When I want to ride rough terrain I
prefer to do it on one wheel, and I will fall several times during the
course of a properly challenging ride.

I believe they call them "unintentional dismounts" rather than
anything more serious !
--
Comm again, Mike.
Old March 5th 04, 09:09 PM
Danny Colyer

pmailkeey wrote:
I believe they call them "unintentional dismounts" rather than
anything more serious !

and Dave Kahn wrote:
"Unplanned Dismount" I believe, or UPD for short.

Dave is correct. The term apparently originated with equestrians.

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

Old March 11th 04, 11:54 PM
pmailkeey

and Dave Kahn wrote:
"Unplanned Dismount" I believe, or UPD for short.

Dave is correct. The term apparently originated with equestrians.

Well I knew it was something like that !
--
Comm again, Mike.

Mayo Crash: Nozal involved? hotbanjo Racing 5 July 8th 04 09:01 PM
Coker crash J.D. Miller Unicycling 32 November 12th 03 05:49 PM
First crash today Luigi de Guzman General 22 August 14th 03 12:48 PM
Lance / Mayo crash chronology, and pedal controversy MrBob Racing 6 July 22nd 03 10:49 PM