Movie: Quick Silver

Old January 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
hippy

Default Movie: Quick Silver

If anyone was silly enough to be awake at
1-2am this morning (last night?) you might
have seen this movie with Kevin Bacon
working as a NYC courier after losing his
job as a stock broker. Has anyone seen this?

There was some nice tricks in there with
Bacon(?) riding backwards on his fixie
whilst the bars spun around rapidly. This
might have been staged but it looked real.

There were also guys doing flatland bmx-style
tricks and trials moves (like backhops) on
fixed-gear road bikes!!!! Some crazy stuff in
there... I'm totally jealous of their skills.

Cool track session last night too... thanks
Rowan!

hippy
"Caffeine.. IV... stat!"

Old January 22nd 04, 10:07 PM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:
If anyone was silly enough to be awake at
1-2am this morning (last night?) you might
have seen this movie with Kevin Bacon
working as a NYC courier after losing his
job as a stock broker. Has anyone seen this?

There was some nice tricks in there with
Bacon(?) riding backwards on his fixie
whilst the bars spun around rapidly. This
might have been staged but it looked real.

There were also guys doing flatland bmx-style
tricks and trials moves (like backhops) on
fixed-gear road bikes!!!! Some crazy stuff in
there... I'm totally jealous of their skills.

Cool track session last night too... thanks
Rowan!

hippy
"Caffeine.. IV... stat!"

I must confess...I taped it. Just so I can fast forward through
the crappy bits. According to most reviews, there are plenty
of those

Besides it on right after TDU.

--
Nick
Old January 22nd 04, 11:32 PM
hippy

"NickZX6R" wrote in message
I must confess...I taped it. Just so I can fast forward through
the crappy bits. According to most reviews, there are plenty
of those

Well, I taped it as well. Unfortunately, I have a habit of
seeing something interesting and watching it anyway, so
I watched it through.
I might just dump the good bits to computer so I can
watch the tricky riding when I want and not have to
FF through the good guy vs. bad guy stuff...

Besides it on right after TDU.

Yep.. go aussies!

hippy

Old January 23rd 04, 02:20 AM
NickZX6R

hippy wrote:
"NickZX6R" wrote in message
I must confess...I taped it. Just so I can fast forward through
the crappy bits. According to most reviews, there are plenty
of those

Well, I taped it as well. Unfortunately, I have a habit of
seeing something interesting and watching it anyway, so
I watched it through.
I might just dump the good bits to computer so I can
watch the tricky riding when I want and not have to
FF through the good guy vs. bad guy stuff...

Besides it on right after TDU.

Yep.. go aussies!

hippy

Well I just watched it. What an appalling soundtrack

Still..wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

--
Nick

Old January 23rd 04, 03:51 AM
gescom

Yeah, it was on after the TDU highlights. Samuel L Jackson was pretty fast at the start , and you gotta love those down tube shifters!

The stunts were pretty crazy although I stopped watching it after SL
died. What happened in the end? (let me guess, Kb and Terry kill th
'bad guy' right?

As for the TDU the gravel road was pretty bad and those road tire
puncture easily. Maybe dirt road sections should be a feature of th
race like the cobblestones are in Paris to Roubaix

-

Old January 23rd 04, 04:11 AM
NickZX6R

gescom wrote:
Yeah, it was on after the TDU highlights. Samuel L Jackson was pretty fast at the start , and you gotta love those down tube shifters!

The stunts were pretty crazy although I stopped watching it after SLJ
died. What happened in the end? (let me guess, Kb and Terry kill the
'bad guy' right?)

Or Lawrence Fishburne even?

--
Nick

Old January 23rd 04, 05:21 AM
hippy

"gescom" wrote in message
Yeah, it was on after the TDU highlights. Samuel L Jackson was pretty

fast at the start , and you gotta love those down tube shifters!

Actually, that was Nelson Vails at the start.

The stunts were pretty crazy although I stopped watching it after SLJ
died. What happened in the end? (let me guess, Kb and Terry kill the
'bad guy' right?)

The courier actor that died (hit the taxi) was Laurence Fishburne.

As for the TDU the gravel road was pretty bad and those road tires
puncture easily. Maybe dirt road sections should be a feature of the
race like the cobblestones are in Paris to Roubaix.

Myself and a mate were talking about the possibilities of running
something like this when we were in Mildura - as we hooned along
some "off-road" roads. Same deal as Paris-Roubaix we were
thinking, but an Aussie version. Just for something different to
shake da bones down! So, sponsors anyone? :-)

hippy

Old January 23rd 04, 10:39 AM
gescom

Oops, it was on late ok . Looked up Lawrence Fishburne and he played the character Morpheus in the Matrix movies http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/

-

Old January 23rd 04, 10:59 PM
Daniel Searson

NickZX6R wrote:

hippy wrote:

[...]

I taped it too but I screwed up the programming on the VCR and didn't
get anything after he made the bad guy drive his car off a bridge. Oh
well, I assume that all ended happily and he got the girl.

(in South Australia we get the TDU highlights at 7pm so we dont have to
wait around till midnight to get them!)

Old January 25th 04, 01:20 AM
dave

hippy wrote:
If anyone was silly enough to be awake at
1-2am this morning (last night?) you might
have seen this movie with Kevin Bacon
working as a NYC courier after losing his
job as a stock broker. Has anyone seen this?

There was some nice tricks in there with
Bacon(?) riding backwards on his fixie
whilst the bars spun around rapidly. This
might have been staged but it looked real.

There were also guys doing flatland bmx-style
tricks and trials moves (like backhops) on
fixed-gear road bikes!!!! Some crazy stuff in
there... I'm totally jealous of their skills.

Cool track session last night too... thanks
Rowan!

hippy
"Caffeine.. IV... stat!"

Yeah I have that somewhere