psychos

Old August 28th 03, 05:53 AM
Jose Rizal

Default psychos

Paul J:

I have a list of license plates for similar offenders.. maybe we should
start a site with them listed or is that defammation or something?

This has been a long time coming. People should be outed publically for
poor behaviour in public. Driving by it's nature is very public and if
ever there was anywhere that a police state was required it is on the
roads. Anyone who thinks that their civil liberties are being infringed
upon when they are out on the road should probably pull their head in
and stay at home.

Even better is when a company car emblazened with advertising is spotted
driven by moron. Then you can spread the word about the company and make
sure they suffer through lack of business.

The biggest problem with this idea is how to ensure that it is not
abused. How will you decide whether someone's complaint of a driver is
true or not? How will you determine whether someone has exaggerated a
situation, or unfairly blames someone else for his/her own mistake?

Not easily nor practically achievable, that's for sure.

Old August 28th 03, 05:58 AM
Jose Rizal

hippy:

Gee, I'd been thinking about this for ages... I didn't think there
would be others so much in favour of it!
I started collecting licence plate numbers and noting details of
what drivers actually did a while ago, so that when I got 'enough'
I could put them all on a website somewhere with a nice message
to them all...
I'm still a bit paranoid about the legality of it though...hmm...
"hosted internationally officer.. i can't do a thing about it"

Nor is it fair. Without casting judgement on the veracity of your
complaints, the fact is readers will only have your side of the story
and your word on the matter. You can see that the potential for someone
being malicious is great; who determines (and how) whether the
accusation of bad behaviour on another is fair or not?

Old August 28th 03, 06:15 AM
hippy

"Jose Rizal" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I started collecting licence plate numbers and noting details of
what drivers actually did a while ago, so that when I got 'enough'
I could put them all on a website somewhere with a nice message
to them all...

Nor is it fair. Without casting judgement on the veracity of your
complaints, the fact is readers will only have your side of the story
and your word on the matter. You can see that the potential for

someone
being malicious is great; who determines (and how) whether the
accusation of bad behaviour on another is fair or not?

But don't a lot of websites only have the author's side of the story?
Don't a lot of books?
Obviously I can see what you are saying and I agree with you to
a certain degree - that's half the reason I've not made the site -
but isn't it actually within my rights to do so?
It's not actually identifying the driver and it seems like a nice way
to vent... I'll wait and see what happens :-)
I still don't see why rocket-propelled grenades are not fitted as
standard equipment to bikes...is is manufacturing costs? What?

hippy
peace? nah... pieces!! :-)

Old August 28th 03, 08:09 AM
cfsmtb

Ahhh, here's a fresh one for your collection.

4.01pm, Thursday arvo, August 28th 2003 Ped light crossing, Lennox &
Bridge Road, Richmond. Peds have green light on Lennox, small silver
plastic bubble car, rego number SIB 003, turns out of Bridge,
speeding, almost collects several people walking across road. PBC
unfortunately too nimble for me to get model details, or give it a
playful slap with one's steel capped Blunnies. grrrrrrrrr.......

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Old August 28th 03, 09:10 AM
Trevor S

Jose Rizal wrote in news:eVf3b.19206$8i2.4565
@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

snip

The biggest problem with this idea is how to ensure that it is not
abused. How will you decide whether someone's complaint of a driver is
true or not? How will you determine whether someone has exaggerated a
situation, or unfairly blames someone else for his/her own mistake?

Not easily nor practically achievable, that's for sure.

Coincidentally I have been thinking about this very topic for quite some
time Your point is the main problem I forsaw (aside from any legal
ramification). The only way I saw past it was to only allow people you
know and trust to send you the information for you to post on the site. By
myslef I can probably get 3 - 5 a day, ranging from the stupid to the
downright dangerous, with 5 "trusted" friends, that's whole lota number
plates in a short time.

Another point, a photo would be good to document the plate, in case of the
human error problem of remembering a plate incorrectly. This would prove
difficult as the moment has often passed to allow this sort of
documentation and of course the times the most dangeroous events occur is
when you are sans camera Perhps when camera quality improves in mobile
phones and they become more ubiqutious (phone cameras not phones), not
having the camer might not be as big a problem

--
Trevor S

-Albert Einstein