chain skips

Old June 22nd 04, 09:48 PM
P356

Default chain skips

do I need to replace cassette and chain to cure his problem

Old June 23rd 04, 04:31 AM
chris sussmann

Well,
It all depends how used the chain and cassette are. THey just could be
dirty and need lube...

I ride in dry areas and my chain lasts about a year and a half.
Good luck
Chris

Old June 23rd 04, 04:32 AM
Mark Hickey

(P356) wrote:

do I need to replace cassette and chain to cure his problem

Probably. If the chain is worn enough to be skipping, chances are the
cassette is as well. I got a lesson in this very thing during this
morning's ride (new chain, my "cruising gear" is nearly worthless...
sigh).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Old June 23rd 04, 08:19 AM
Mark Hickey

(P356) wrote:

do I need to replace cassette and chain to cure his problem

Probably. If the chain is worn enough to be skipping, chances are the
cassette is as well. I got a lesson in this very thing during this
morning's ride (new chain, my "cruising gear" is nearly worthless...
sigh).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Chain keeps falling off on Gary Fisher Cake 2 DLX Greg Tokarski Mountain Biking 5 May 27th 04 09:53 PM
Cake Chain Crunch Cliff Holloway Mountain Biking 22 April 15th 04 07:05 AM
What's the best chain cleaner & degreaser? [email protected] Mountain Biking 0 April 8th 04 06:05 PM
chain skipping phil Mountain Biking 7 February 26th 04 04:41 AM
Chain and pin Giovanni Mountain Biking 3 December 4th 03 11:53 PM