Br18

Old October 22nd 04, 07:20 AM
flyingdutch

Default Br18

Meet 7:20am Sunday 24th (every Sunday)
Doncaster Shoppingtown corner (Doncaaster and Tram/Williamsons)
map at:
http://thehippy.net/nucleus/media/1/...7-BR_route.gif
60-70k roundtrip. 25kph'ish average and we cater for all speeds
(faster guys wait at the tops)

anyone up for that extra bit we did out top St Andrews again?
mainly flattish/down from KGround to St A
must checkout if there is a bakery out there this time

forecast is looking good (again!!!) and I have just realised we are ye
to puncture
guess i've jinxed us now...

Who's bringin the ghetto blaster to play Blah's CD?

"By the end make a bet and only place is laminex
Laugh a lot cry a lot salt and pepper supper sex
And sometimes when that magic of the moment
Fails the test
In retrospect that diamond day
Did not make second best
And sometimes when a thousand voices
Tell you that you're wrong
A saint in any form
Becomes a sinner all along, oh yeah

--
flyingdutch

Old October 22nd 04, 08:13 AM
ritcho

flyingdutch Wrote:
[...]

This a question for Xmas/NY time... I just looked at the map - is it
clockwise or anti-clockwise from Doncaster Shoppingtown?

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old October 22nd 04, 08:21 AM
Claes

flyingdutch Wrote:
[...]

Ok, we already had a few takers in the followup on BR17 that I started
so we should be a nice little crowd. :

--
Claes

Old October 22nd 04, 12:39 PM
Geoff

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message

I'll be there.

anyone up for that extra bit we did out top St Andrews again?

Yeah, why not.

mainly flattish/down from KGround to St A
must checkout if there is a bakery out there this time

Hmm, I wonder what that bakery in Diamond creek is like!!! Or if we get
really carried away and ride out to Kinglake we could always stop in at the
bakery in Whittlesea.

forecast is looking good (again!!!) and I have just realised we are yet
to puncture
guess i've jinxed us now...

No, not the p word!!!

Geoff

Old October 22nd 04, 12:53 PM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:

anyone up for that extra bit we did out top St Andrews again?
mainly flattish/down from KGround to St A
must checkout if there is a bakery out there this time

Yeah I was thinking of doing that section or at least to Panton Hill.
There's a bakery at Hurstrbridge that needs checking out.

"By the end make a bet and only place is laminex
Laugh a lot cry a lot salt and pepper supper sex
And sometimes when that magic of the moment
Fails the test
In retrospect that diamond day
Did not make second best
And sometimes when a thousand voices
Tell you that you're wrong
A saint in any form
Becomes a sinner all along, oh yeah"

I'm back on the boooooooooooorder line.

DaveB "ready for BR18 karaoke and Midnight Oil trivia tests Q1. What
band did Bones Hillman play in before he was with Midnight Oil with Phil
Judd?""

Old October 22nd 04, 12:55 PM
DaveB

Geoff wrote:
Hmm, I wonder what that bakery in Diamond creek is like!!!

Good vanilla slices , mmmmmmmmmm snot block.

Or if we get
really carried away and ride out to Kinglake we could always stop in at the
bakery in Whittlesea.

Even better vanilla slices and so many other things to chose from.
gaaaaaaaghh.

DaveB

Old October 23rd 04, 04:38 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:

http://thehippy.net/nucleus/media/1/...7-BR_route.gif

Does this mean the BR has made it to Hippy's list of Melbourne bike
rides? I'd check myself but have lost the link and can't find it from
the home page (Dutch please provide site design tips to Hippy).

DaveB

Old October 23rd 04, 01:21 PM
hippy

"DaveB" wrote in message
Does this mean the BR has made it to Hippy's list of Melbourne bike
rides? I'd check myself but have lost the link and can't find it from
the home page (Dutch please provide site design tips to Hippy).

Nope, hippy hasn't updated that list since he moved
web hosts. But, you've reminded him about it and he
will do something about it.. one day ;-)

http://www.thehippy.net/ now has a link to the Rides
page on the left. Direct link to the Rides page can be
found he
http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/TrainingRides.htm

I like the way the blog page works so I'll keep that.
It's only a problem when I want to have permanent
links - they have to squished into the side-bar.

hippy

Old October 24th 04, 02:50 AM
DaveB

When recoverign from the flu:
a) listen to your body when it says slow down
and b) when a shortcut presents itself, don't be sucked in by people
saying "but the the next section is all downhill"

DaveB "there is no such thing as all downhill"

Old October 24th 04, 03:03 AM
Pai Mei

"DaveB" wrote in message
When recoverign from the flu:
a) listen to your body when it says slow down
and b) when a shortcut presents itself, don't be sucked in by people
saying "but the the next section is all downhill"

DaveB "there is no such thing as all downhill"

LOL....Amen, brother.