Forester says...

Old February 5th 11, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Forester says...

On 2/4/2011 1:17 PM, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 2/4/2011 12:24 PM, Wes Newell wrote:
On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 08:32:02 -0800, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Feb 4, 3:30 am, Wes wrote:
On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:46:49 -0800, Chalo wrote:
It's going to take prolonged separation from his car to break the
spell.

I drove the car yesterday for the first time in several months. So I
wonder what period you consider prolonged separation.

In your case, several months was obviously not enough. You still suffer
from delusions of privilege, you seem unable to comprehend written laws,
you have grossly inflated ideas on the minimal risks of bicycling,
you're ignorant of infrastructure funding, and your attitude needs
improvement. You have a LOT to learn.

I suggest giving up your car for two solid years, and spending that time
a) riding a bike, and b) trying to learn.

- Frank Krygowski

I can now see why I was warned about you. You're arrogant, rude, and
obviously have delusions of grandeur. In reality, you're probably just a
self centered nut with a below average IQ. Ah, a quick search shows you
as a prof of ME. That explains it.

Aside from your questionable attack on hapless MEs everywhere, I'd say
you got that pretty much straight. And in record time. It took me nearly
2 weeks to tell him to f*ck off.

The greatest Usenet offense of Frank Krygowski was that for a long time
he had his email address as his user name. All the other complaints are
people not liking having their opinions challenged by rational argument.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Old February 5th 11, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 2/4/2011 5:59 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Feb 4, 5:23 pm, Peter wrote:

Mandatory sidepath laws are really a relic. The number of states with
them has declined in recent years.

There are fifteen left, AFAIK:
AL, GA, KS, LA, MI, NE, NY, ND, OK, OR, SC, UT, VA, WV, WY

15 states to avoid living or cycling in, if possible.

Old February 5th 11, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
DirtRoadie

On Feb 4, 3:30 am, Wes wrote:
[...]

Hardly. It's a shame you confuse abuse with rationality.
Look back.
DR
Old February 5th 11, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan O

On Feb 4, 3:30 am, Wes wrote:
[...]

My complaints have clearly and consistently specified the supercilious
demeaning and derision - his standard tactic for attempting to
discredit disagreement by smearing obnoxious **** on the messenger..
He is mostly rational (if not too bright) but unable to even see the
wider world outside his extremely narrow area of "expertise", and
spews his bitter spiel way outside the ballpark.

Old February 5th 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan O

On Feb 4, 5:23 pm, Peter wrote:

Mandatory sidepath laws are really a relic. The number of states with
them has declined in recent years.

There are fifteen left, AFAIK:
AL, GA, KS, LA, MI, NE, NY, ND, OK, OR, SC, UT, VA, WV, WY

15 states to avoid living or cycling in, if possible.

Yeah, living here really sucks:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...vatbethel1.jpg

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...THEN A CHANCE
OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 45. SOUTHWEST WIND 5 TO
10 MPH. RAINFALL AMOUNTS AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE
MORNING...THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS
AROUND 50. SOUTHWEST WIND 5 TO 10 MPH.

.... but since I already do, I'll be sure to avoid "cycling" :-)

Maybe I can aspire to live in your state, which I'm sure is really
groovy :-)
Old February 5th 11, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
kolldata

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...97/Wvatbethel1....

*.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...THEN A CHANCE
*OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 45. SOUTHWEST WIND 5 TO
*10 MPH. RAINFALL AMOUNTS AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH.
*.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE
*MORNING...THEN A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS
*AROUND 50. SOUTHWEST WIND 5 TO 10 MPH.

... but since I already do, I'll be sure to avoid "cycling" :-)

Maybe I can aspire to live in your state, which I'm sure is really
groovy :-)

you do know there are thousands of northern RVers along the lower
Colorado-almost every RV has one or two cycles on the back-down to
Yuma, Quartzite, BLM lands-desert once mining. BLM gives space/water/
sewage disposal for mmmm $120/5 months ?
In Texas, Missourians are around Rockport-toxic downwind fumes from
Corpus refineries. All kinds around Soiuth Padre/brownsville. A pile
in mexico, civil war or not. Then Florida....Ohio/NY/Virginia
HI ? richer Californians/texans....thousands I'll look it
up.....zipzipzip
Old February 5th 11, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
kolldata

no numbers yet. guess around 3-4 million

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowbird_(people)

I did this beginning 1988 with a small cash stash, eventually garaging
my Volvo and riding a bicycle for transportation.
Be back your way, June.
Expletive deleted the NW has miserable spring weather. UGH
I speak with snowbirds who evidence physical psychological pain from
the Canadian northern winter.
and off course we all know how the great NW goes neurotic....happens
in Maine and here at RBT.
Texas weather had a cold snow/ice snap with the big storm so instead
of freezing with bird observations, I moved into a Days Inn for 2 and
crunched paperwork.

Old February 5th 11, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Newell

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 21:12:41 -0600, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:

On 2/4/2011 2:26 AM, Wes Newell wrote:

I don't know what country you are from but all but residential
community roads here are paid for with federal, state, and/or
city/county taxes.

Primarily local taxes for local roads, outside of block grants. State
and federal fuel tax money is *not* a source (in the US).

The state and feds get this money from gas taxes at the pump among
other ways. And they get a lot. Something like $.60 for every gallon of
gas

No, city and county roads are *not* paid for by fuel taxes.

OK, I don't know where you get your info, but here are the facts.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...url=http%3A %
2F%2Fwww.hro.house.state.tx.us%2Ffocus%2FHighwayFu nd81-5.pdf&rct=j&q=funds
%20for%20roads%20in%20texas&ei=_-
hMTZrDE8vogAff773dDw&usg=AFQjCNGNyYptMohlaBkjkPu4_ qblBEKqBA&cad=rja

Watch the wrap. If you can't get this, just search for it.
'funds for roads in texas'

This shows where the money comes from.

Fund 6 revenue sources

Motor Vehicle

Registration Fees
This chart shows estimates of revenue for

$2.11 billion
State Highway Fund 6 for fiscal 2008-09 by

(14.8%)
source. Amounts do not include balances

Other Revenue
from preceding fiscal years.

$560.9 million

(4.0%)
Federal Funds
Source for data: Comptroller Certification
$6.90 billion
Estimate, 2007.

(48.6%) Sales Tax on

Lubricants