A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old May 8th 18, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,119
Default Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day

On 07/05/18 15:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/05/2018 08:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/05/18 23:12, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/05/18 14:40, JNugent wrote:

[1] People crossing across a properly laid-out footway crossing between
a driveway and the carriageway have the priority, whether they're
on a bike, in a car, etc.

[2] Quote the statute. If you are able to then it is a bad law.


You are active because have replied to another thread since my
request. Nothing to support your idea?


What are you talking about?


It's very simple. You make a statement, such as in [1], and as common
practice, someone asks you [2] to substantiate it.

For your information, a person riding a bike along the pavement (there
are plenty of shared paths), often has to give way at a driveway (just
like pedestrians), not because of an obligation, but because a driver
has a complete disregard for the safety of others.
Ads
  #12  
Old May 8th 18, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,157
Default Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day

On 08/05/2018 08:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/05/18 15:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/05/2018 08:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/05/18 23:12, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/05/18 14:40, JNugent wrote:

[1] People crossing across a properly laid-out footway crossing
between a driveway and the carriageway have the priority, whether
they're on a bike, in a car, etc.

[2] Quote the statute. If you are able to then it is a bad law.

You are active because have replied to another thread since my
request. Nothing to support your idea?


What are you talking about?


It's very simple. You make a statement, such as in [1], and as common
practice, someone asks you [2] to substantiate it.

For your information, a person riding a bike along the pavement (there
are plenty of shared paths), often has to give way at a driveway (just
like pedestrians), not because of an obligation, but because a driver
has a complete disregard for the safety of others.


Who asked for what, and when, and what is the paragraph beginning "You
are active" about?
  #13  
Old May 8th 18, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,119
Default Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day

On 08/05/18 14:54, JNugent wrote:
On 08/05/2018 08:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/05/18 15:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/05/2018 08:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/05/18 23:12, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/05/18 14:40, JNugent wrote:

[1] People crossing across a properly laid-out footway crossing
between a driveway and the carriageway have the priority, whether
they're on a bike, in a car, etc.

[2] Quote the statute. If you are able to then it is a bad law.

You are active because have replied to another thread since my
request. Nothing to support your idea?

What are you talking about?


It's very simple. You make a statement, such as in [1], and as common
practice, someone asks you [2] to substantiate it.

For your information, a person riding a bike along the pavement (there
are plenty of shared paths), often has to give way at a driveway (just
like pedestrians), not because of an obligation, but because a driver
has a complete disregard for the safety of others.


Who asked for what, and when, and what is the paragraph beginning "You
are active" about?


The what and when are clear enough. I asked you to justify your
statement at the top on 06/05/18 23:12. You answered another thread at
07/05/18 00:43. Hence you had been active (on this group) before I asked
you again in the morning. One has to assume that you don't know what you
are talking about.
  #14  
Old May 9th 18, 01:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,157
Default Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day

On 08/05/2018 19:21, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/05/18 14:54, JNugent wrote:
On 08/05/2018 08:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/05/18 15:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/05/2018 08:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/05/18 23:12, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/05/18 14:40, JNugent wrote:

[1] People crossing across a properly laid-out footway crossing
between a driveway and the carriageway have the priority, whether
they're on a bike, in a car, etc.

[2] Quote the statute. If you are able to then it is a bad law.

You are active because have replied to another thread since my
request. Nothing to support your idea?

What are you talking about?

It's very simple. You make a statement, such as in [1], and as common
practice, someone asks you [2] to substantiate it.

For your information, a person riding a bike along the pavement
(there are plenty of shared paths), often has to give way at a
driveway (just like pedestrians), not because of an obligation, but
because a driver has a complete disregard for the safety of others.


Who asked for what, and when, and what is the paragraph beginning "You
are active" about?


The what and when are clear enough. I asked you to justify your
statement at the top on 06/05/18 23:12. You answered another thread at
07/05/18 00:43. Hence you had been active (on this group) before I asked
you again in the morning. One has to assume that you don't know what you
are talking about.


I certainly don't know what *you* are talking about - which obviously
makes two of us.

Are you under the impression that I am obliged to do as you say?

Please disabuse yourself of that error soonest.

  #15  
Old May 9th 18, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,119
Default Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day

On 09/05/18 01:56, JNugent wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:21, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/05/18 14:54, JNugent wrote:
On 08/05/2018 08:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/05/18 15:56, JNugent wrote:
On 07/05/2018 08:55, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/05/18 23:12, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/05/18 14:40, JNugent wrote:

[1] People crossing across a properly laid-out footway crossing
between a driveway and the carriageway have the priority,
whether they're on a bike, in a car, etc.

[2] Quote the statute. If you are able to then it is a bad law.

You are active because have replied to another thread since my
request. Nothing to support your idea?

What are you talking about?

It's very simple. You make a statement, such as in [1], and as
common practice, someone asks you [2] to substantiate it.

For your information, a person riding a bike along the pavement
(there are plenty of shared paths), often has to give way at a
driveway (just like pedestrians), not because of an obligation, but
because a driver has a complete disregard for the safety of others.

Who asked for what, and when, and what is the paragraph beginning
"You are active" about?


The what and when are clear enough. I asked you to justify your
statement at the top on 06/05/18 23:12. You answered another thread at
07/05/18 00:43. Hence you had been active (on this group) before I
asked you again in the morning. One has to assume that you don't know
what you are talking about.


I certainly don't know what *you* are talking about - which obviously
makes two of us.


I do happen to know.

Are you under the impression that I am obliged to do as you say?


You are not obliged to but it depends on whether you want to be taken
seriously.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thieving young scum cyclist learns the way of poverty cyclist life Mr Pounder Esquire UK 3 October 18th 17 03:52 PM
Hyperbole? not from a cyclist, surely? Pavement cyclist claims aterrorist in a van weapon came near him. MrCheerful UK 15 September 23rd 16 09:07 PM
Thoughtful motorist takes garden rubbish for a car-ride Squashme UK 24 July 1st 13 08:01 PM
A thoughtful article Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 16 March 13th 12 07:16 PM
Thoughtful Colin Blackburn UK 2 May 24th 04 12:13 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.