BR16

Old October 13th 04, 12:24 PM
hippy

Default BR16

"Shabby"
C grade was averaging between 42 and 44kph all last summer, with
sprints in the high fifties. Now that there's big bunches there is less
attacks, so the overall speed is slower (and everyone gets to finish
together).

Strangely my max speed was 55.7 at the 22min mark.
Some low 50's in the closing laps. I looked at some races
from early last year and they were around the 40kph
average mark after all.

hippy

Old October 13th 04, 03:40 PM
B.T.

hippy Wrote:
"Shabby"
C grade was averaging between 42 and 44kph all last summer, wit
sprints in the high fifties. Now that there's big bunches there i

les
attacks, so the overall speed is slower (and everyone gets to finis
together)

Strangely my max speed was 55.7 at the 22min mark
Some low 50's in the closing laps. I looked at some race
from early last year and they were around the 40kp
average mark after all

hippy

Do you get a mention or is you photo here

http://tinyurl.com/5s7b

--
B.T.

Old October 13th 04, 11:40 PM
hippy

"B.T."
Do you get a mention or is you photo here?

http://tinyurl.com/5s7bf

No mention coz I was pack fodder and wasn't in
a place to contest the sprint. Soon..

hippy

Old October 14th 04, 06:02 AM
Etxy

DaveB Wrote:

BR=Bunch Ride. There were some attempts to come up with a better name,
but after 16 weeks BR seems to have stuck.

Right, LOL. And where does this bunch go, and at what av. speed? :

--
Etxy

Old October 14th 04, 06:53 AM
DaveB

Etxy wrote:
DaveB Wrote:

BR=Bunch Ride. There were some attempts to come up with a better name,
but after 16 weeks BR seems to have stuck.

Right, LOL. And where does this bunch go, and at what av. speed?

Here's the route:
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~...ff/BRroute.gif

Avg speed is around 25kmh from memory, it's a hilly ride.

DaveB

Old October 14th 04, 07:35 AM
Etxy

DaveB Wrote:

Here's the route:
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~...ff/BRroute.gif

Avg speed is around 25kmh from memory, it's a hilly ride.

DaveB

You read in books about those moments when people realise they wil
never play in the major league/ride the Tour de France/whatever... thi
is one such moment for me Thats an ugly ride!

When I get some training k's in my legs, by say January or so, I'l
join you for one. Any earlier would be suicide in my current form (o
lack thereof) ;

--
Etxy

Old October 14th 04, 08:27 AM
DaveB

Etxy wrote:

You read in books about those moments when people realise they will
never play in the major league/ride the Tour de France/whatever... this
is one such moment for me Thats an ugly ride!

When I get some training k's in my legs, by say January or so, I'll
join you for one. Any earlier would be suicide in my current form (or
lack thereof)

The ugly stretch is the climb out of Warrandyte but the leaders wait at
Kangaroo Ground for those who are unfit, recovering from accidents, or
drop their phones/water bottles. Give it a go, the best part of this
ride is there are several points where you can chicken out and ride home
(i had all them sussed for the first couple of rides).

DaveB

Old October 14th 04, 09:40 AM
Etxy

DaveB Wrote:

The ugly stretch is the climb out of Warrandyte but the leaders wai
at
Kangaroo Ground for those who are unfit, recovering from accidents, or
drop their phones/water bottles. Give it a go, the best part of this
ride is there are several points where you can chicken out and rid
home
(i had all them sussed for the first couple of rides).

I'll suss it out this weekend on my own, if I've got the time, and if
can ride the course without making a complete foo' of myself, I'll joi
you in later weeks. :

--
Etxy

Old October 14th 04, 11:27 PM
hippy

"Etxy"
I'll suss it out this weekend on my own, if I've got the time, and if I
can ride the course without making a complete foo' of myself, I'll join
you in later weeks.

I rode half of it on a Saturday and then joined the
group on a Sunday. I don't think I embarassed
myself too much? A dude your weight should kill
me up the hills! :-)
Look out on the downhill though ;-)

hippy
"no brakes!!!"

Old October 15th 04, 07:25 AM
Etxy

hippy Wrote:
A dude your weight should kill
me up the hills! :-)

Are you implying I'm light? All 55kg of me take offence at that!

Strangely, I'm a pretty crap climber... I should be better, and I'd
love if I was, but it doesn't seem like I am... With some training,
who knows. I'm working tomorrow -- won't be able to suss out the
route, so I might join you in a month or so.

--
Etxy