Ever wonder what a 7'6" dude rides?

Old October 14th 04, 07:19 AM
hippy

Default Ever wonder what a 7'6" dude rides?

http://www.speedgoat.com/images/blog/ib04-ming-T.jpg

"So you thought you had problems getting a bike to fit you?
Try being 7'6"! This 29er Gunnar Ruffian was built for
Houston Rockets basketball star Yao Ming. Having me
standing behind the bike gives it something to scale it to,
and as you can see, this thing was massive. I guess when
you're 7'6" and you want a bike to ride your options are
very limited, hats off to Gunnar for pulling this frame and
fork off for the big man."

hippy

Old October 14th 04, 07:24 AM
Resound

"hippy" wrote in message
http://www.speedgoat.com/images/blog/ib04-ming-T.jpg

"So you thought you had problems getting a bike to fit you?
Try being 7'6"! This 29er Gunnar Ruffian was built for
Houston Rockets basketball star Yao Ming. Having me
standing behind the bike gives it something to scale it to,
and as you can see, this thing was massive. I guess when
you're 7'6" and you want a bike to ride your options are
very limited, hats off to Gunnar for pulling this frame and
fork off for the big man."

hippy

His next trick will be getting shoes and pedals to go with it. Are those
700C wheels? And do you know how wide they were? I can't help but doubt that
he'd be using extra light wheels.

Old October 14th 04, 07:25 AM
ritcho

hippy Wrote:
http://www.speedgoat.com/images/blog/ib04-ming-T.jpg

"So you thought you had problems getting a bike to fit you?
Try being 7'6"! This 29er Gunnar Ruffian was built for
Houston Rockets basketball star Yao Ming. Having me
standing behind the bike gives it something to scale it to,
and as you can see, this thing was massive. I guess when
you're 7'6" and you want a bike to ride your options are
very limited, hats off to Gunnar for pulling this frame and
fork off for the big man."

hippy

I suppose penny-farthings would come into play?

Ritc

--
ritcho

Old October 14th 04, 07:39 AM
hippy

"ritcho"
hippy Wrote:
http://www.speedgoat.com/images/blog/ib04-ming-T.jpg

I suppose penny-farthings would come into play?

Speaking of Penny Farthings.. did anyone see
the MX paper the other day, with an article about
a dude riding across Oz on a PF?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ex/3736232.stm
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=20041

The next street-fix.. a PF.. imagine that rolling
down the highway!

"Oh, I didn't see you.."
"Buuuullshhheeeeet!"

hippy

Old October 14th 04, 07:44 AM

"hippy" == hippy writes:

hippy Having me standing behind the bike gives it something to
hippy scale it to, and as you can see, this thing was massive.

And you are how tall Hippy? Just curious, that think looks like the
saddle's up to your arm pit!
--
Cheers
Euan
Old October 14th 04, 07:51 AM
hippy

wrote in message ...
"hippy" == hippy writes:

hippy Having me standing behind the bike gives it something to
hippy scale it to, and as you can see, this thing was massive.

And you are how tall Hippy? Just curious, that think looks like the
saddle's up to your arm pit!

That's not me.. that paragraph was in quotes.
Check out speedgoat's site for the original.

hippy