A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Settled Science?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old October 23rd 18, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,821
Default Settled Science?

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 3:35:15 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
When I'm presented with a difficult scientific issue, rather than going to academia or industry, I go to the internet. The BEST experts are bloggers on the internet. It's a huge benefit if they have a YouTube channel, too.
-- Jay Beattie.


Gee, and here I was thinking you got your facts from Wikipedia.

AJ
Ads
  #12  
Old October 23rd 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,919
Default Settled Science?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:14:20 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 3:35:15 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
When I'm presented with a difficult scientific issue, rather than going to academia or industry, I go to the internet. The BEST experts are bloggers on the internet. It's a huge benefit if they have a YouTube channel, too.
-- Jay Beattie.


Gee, and here I was thinking you got your facts from Wikipedia.
AJ


Probably from Usenet. Last year, Phoenix AZ was the winner of the
record highest temperature award. Just one problem. The weather
station is located on the airport runway and seems to suffer from
local heating by the jet exhaust. I scribbled something on the
problem last year:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.electronics.design/XGaahAB4Wfc/8tM1q47dCQAJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.electronics.design/XGaahAB4Wfc/VgXp6wsCCgAJ

Gone to save the world from broken computahs....
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #13  
Old October 23rd 18, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,486
Default Settled Science?

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 8:14:22 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 3:35:15 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
When I'm presented with a difficult scientific issue, rather than going to academia or industry, I go to the internet. The BEST experts are bloggers on the internet. It's a huge benefit if they have a YouTube channel, too.
-- Jay Beattie.


Gee, and here I was thinking you got your facts from Wikipedia.


Wikipedia is no less reliable than JoNova. At least there are multiple people in the echo chamber, and there is no profit motive. One could also go to Alex Jones for complicated scientific information -- and vitamin supplements.

-- Jay Beattie.


  #14  
Old October 23rd 18, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 459
Default Settled Science?

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 12:38:13 PM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 10/22/18 11:08 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
What I've been saying since I was a precocious teenager with a column in a national broadsheet is now official:
http://joannenova.com.au/2018/10/fir...boats-on-land/


Fake news.


What I find interesting is that those most loudly pro-AGW are those with the least training. Most of whom have received their entire knowledge on the subject from a single article in Popular Mechanics from an author who is also unqualified.

There is no AGW because CO2 has reached saturation of the available energy in its absorption bands at between 200 and 250 ppm. This is a naturally occurring level so man's addition to the CO2 carries no added absorption.

That CO2 bears no danger to anyone was known and was PUBLISHED by the Department of Commerce's science department which was the forerunner of NOAA around 1905 after Arrhenius published a paper around 1880 suggesting that the reason that the Earth was warmer out of direct sunlight than the Moon was because of the CO2 in the air. Arrhenius never ran any experiments himself but used data on the spectrum of sunlight that was reflected off of the Moon that was published in another paper.

So if you have any credentials then state them and we can discuss the hoax of AGW since I have studied the matter for many years.
  #15  
Old October 23rd 18, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 459
Default Settled Science?

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 7:35:15 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 5:08:55 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 8:38:13 PM UTC+1, Tosspot wrote:
On 10/22/18 11:08 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
What I've been saying since I was a precocious teenager with a column in a national broadsheet is now official:
http://joannenova.com.au/2018/10/fir...boats-on-land/

Fake news.


Nah, the techie insiders, the ones responsible for maintaining the database at the HADCRUT, have for years been saying the "scientist" have screwed up the data by making grossly erroneous "adjustments" to altogether the wrong data. This isn't new, it isn't fake, it has just not been published in all the gory detail Dr McClean catalogues. Nobody has trusted the HADCRUT, one of the four great strands of the foundations of the global warming hoax, since Climategate exposed their lying and bullying of dissenters.


Really, a "science presenter"? From her own site: "A science presenter, writer, speaker & former TV host; author of The Skeptic's Handbook (over 200,000 copies distributed & available in 15 languages)." https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Joanne_Nova

I suppose JoNova is better than Miss Cleo, maybe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZwLG7yJg1g

When I'm presented with a difficult scientific issue, rather than going to academia or industry, I go to the internet. The BEST experts are bloggers on the internet. It's a huge benefit if they have a YouTube channel, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2153PnMzSw Screw those idiots who do the science day in and day out -- and screw their super-computers while we're at it.

-- Jay Beattie.


Do I understand you correctly that you are using the number of books sold as validation of someone's expertise on a subject?
  #16  
Old October 23rd 18, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 459
Default Settled Science?

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 9:14:19 AM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:14:20 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 3:35:15 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
When I'm presented with a difficult scientific issue, rather than going to academia or industry, I go to the internet. The BEST experts are bloggers on the internet. It's a huge benefit if they have a YouTube channel, too.
-- Jay Beattie.


Gee, and here I was thinking you got your facts from Wikipedia.
AJ


Probably from Usenet. Last year, Phoenix AZ was the winner of the
record highest temperature award. Just one problem. The weather
station is located on the airport runway and seems to suffer from
local heating by the jet exhaust. I scribbled something on the
problem last year:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.electronics.design/XGaahAB4Wfc/8tM1q47dCQAJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.electronics.design/XGaahAB4Wfc/VgXp6wsCCgAJ

Gone to save the world from broken computahs....
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558


My favorite was the US Federal Weather station that was placed directly in the exhaust of a building air conditioner.
  #17  
Old October 24th 18, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 312
Default Settled Science?

rOn Tue, 23 Oct 2018 14:36:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 12:38:13 PM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 10/22/18 11:08 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
What I've been saying since I was a precocious teenager with a column in a national broadsheet is now official:
http://joannenova.com.au/2018/10/fir...boats-on-land/

Fake news.


What I find interesting is that those most loudly pro-AGW are those with the least training. Most of whom have received their entire knowledge on the subject from a single article in Popular Mechanics from an author who is also unqualified.

There is no AGW because CO2 has reached saturation of the available energy in its absorption bands at between 200 and 250 ppm. This is a naturally occurring level so man's addition to the CO2 carries no added absorption.

That CO2 bears no danger to anyone was known and was PUBLISHED by the Department of Commerce's science department which was the forerunner of NOAA around 1905 after Arrhenius published a paper around 1880 suggesting that the reason that the Earth was warmer out of direct sunlight than the Moon was because of the CO2 in the air. Arrhenius never ran any experiments himself but used data on the spectrum of sunlight that was reflected off of the Moon that was published in another paper.

So if you have any credentials then state them and we can discuss the hoax of AGW since I have studied the matter for many years.



And your credentials are? Never graduated from a school of higher
learning. Earned large sums of money but couldn't manage own money and
blames losses on someone else. Major memory losses, guns missing from
collection, etc.

Strange how you claim, on the one hand, to have substantial memory
loss and, on the other hand, brag how you've been studying a subject
"for many years".

But don't feel bad Tom, after all a study published in the journal
Psychological Science estimates that 40% of the 6,641 people surveyed
in the study have completely fictional memories of their lives.

The study goes on to say that "Crucially, the person remembering them
doesn't know this is fictional. In fact, when people are told that
their memories are false they often don't believe it."
--
Cheers

John B.
  #20  
Old October 24th 18, 08:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 153
Default Settled Science?

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:00:06 +0700, John B. Slocomb wrote:


The study goes on to say that "Crucially, the person remembering them
doesn't know this is fictional. In fact, when people are told that their
memories are false they often don't believe it."


Awwww, come on, that your wife talking. vbg.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reprised: Who says global warming is settled science agreed to by97% of scientists? [email protected] Techniques 7 December 1st 16 08:26 PM
Andre Jute asks: "Who says global warming is settled scienceagreed to by 97% of scientists?" Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 3 November 28th 15 03:54 AM
Andre Jute asks: "Who says global warming is settled scienceagreed to by 97% of scientists?" Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 7 November 23rd 15 04:27 AM
Altoona case settled I guess GoneBeforeMyTime Racing 2 July 24th 10 08:08 PM
I've settled on a chain lube landotter Techniques 9 May 25th 10 11:10 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.