How can I killfile when I view a.r.b.r. via Google?

Old July 22nd 04, 04:05 PM
Bill

Default How can I killfile when I view a.r.b.r. via Google?

I dont think you can using Google. you would need a newsreader program.
Outlook Express has a news reader as part of the program. You can filter
messages with it. There are also a multitude of newsreaders that are free.
I use Forte Agent

"Carol Cohen" wrote in message
om...
I'd love to read Dolan-free threads. Is there a way I can arrange to
not see his postings? I visit a.r.b.r. via google.com.

C.C.

Old July 22nd 04, 08:09 PM
Edward Dolan

"Carol Cohen" wrote in message
om...
I'd love to read Dolan-free threads. Is there a way I can arrange to
not see his postings? I visit a.r.b.r. via google.com.

C.C.

That should be Ms. C.C., better known as Lady Carol. She is of the female
gender and persuasion and thinks she can compete with us men. Is there not a
knitting and crocheting newsgroup she could perhaps join and vent her petty
jealousies and leave us manly recumbent types alone?

Imagine that! She would just "love" to read Dolan-free threads. Spoken like
a true woman whose brain resides in her breasts (if she were a man I would
have located her brains somewhere else not quite so complimentary).

If she does not want to read my immortal words of wisdom, all she has to do
is avoid those threads that go on for more than 3 or 4 messages as that is
about the average attention span of most on this newsgroup. Also, she can
avoid those threads that seem to be getting the least bit intellectual as we
all know that is what is really off-putting to the all the idiots here. Just
stay on really dumb subject threads and she should be safe from anything
that would ever stimulate her brain cells.

But Ms. Carol is too smart by half. Look at what she has done. She has
started a new subject thread and it will be all about me and every dork,
jerk and nerd infesting this newsgroup will have to get their two cents in
(including that very serious person Mr. Jon Meinecke) about how much they
appreciate me (we great ones never require any adulation). But I am on to
her little womanly tricks. It is her way of getting back at me for calling
her an idiot (which she is) without taking me on directly. She is at least
smart enough to know how futile that would be.

But I prefer men like slugger and Mark who stand up and defend themselves
from outrageous fortune (me) rather than these petty conniving sneaky women
who only know how to do things indirectly and behind your back. And then, to
top it all off, they think they are smarter than us men because they are
sneakier. Well, that is ever the stratagem of the weak. It is nothing but a
guerrilla tactic which real men despise. In short, it is the womanly and the
coward's way out.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 22nd 04, 08:25 PM
Edward Dolan

"Bill" wrote in message
I dont think you can using Google. you would need a newsreader program.
Outlook Express has a news reader as part of the program. You can filter
messages with it. There are also a multitude of newsreaders that are

free.
I use Forte Agent

C.C. (Ms. Carol) should appreciate a top posting idiot like you who is also
a kill filer. May you have many happy years together!

By the way, what is the advantage of Forte Agent compared to Outlook
Express. Or do you just like to download crap onto your computer like all
the other computer nerds, jerks and geeks (I am now thinking of slugger and
Mark who are exemplars of the type).

I also note that poor Bill is grammar challenged - like so many others here
on ARBR. Now you see why I don't mind all these kill filers keeping me off
their computers. They are of the species Homo Stupidus. There is not a
Sapiens in the bunch! Ms. Carol is more than welcome to join this subgroup
of humanity where she will no doubt feel right at home.

--

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 23rd 04, 12:41 PM
harv

When you see Ed's name on the Google threads as poster, don't open the
message. Almost as good as a killfile. When he becomes totally ignored,
he'll go away...most likely to a rest home for the terminally addled
"chainstrainer" wrote in message
om...
(Carol Cohen) wrote in message

. com...
I'd love to read Dolan-free threads. Is there a way I can arrange to
not see his postings? I visit a.r.b.r. via google.com.

C.C.

For your sake, I hope you find some way to do so. Life is so much more
pleasant without that character.....

Old August 8th 04, 04:11 AM
Robert L. Bass

Ms. Carol is more than welcome to join this subgroup
of humanity where she will no doubt feel right at home.

I think I'll join that subgroup.

[plonk]

Old August 8th 04, 08:12 AM
Edward Dolan

"Robert L. Bass" wrote in message
Ms. Carol is more than welcome to join this subgroup
of humanity where she will no doubt feel right at home.

I think I'll join that subgroup.

[plonk]

Sigh! Another moronic top poster who does not attribute anything!

Jeez, Robert. I hardly knew ya! Well, bon voyage. You ostriches all deserve
one another. I have always maintained that birds of a feather should flock
together. God, I am really glad I am not like them! Thank you God!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 8th 04, 07:14 PM
Rod Kuehl

I hope Bass's old electronic friends that always brought so much to this
newsgroup bond with Dolan.

That's a talent pool

Rod Kuehl
Strada
Riverview, FL

Old August 8th 04, 07:34 PM
Doug Huffman

I too noticed that B ASS has a new ISP. *PLONK* or should that be
*Re-PLONK*.

ink.net...

Old August 8th 04, 10:27 PM
Robert L. Bass

I too noticed that B ASS has a new ISP. *PLONK* or should that be
*Re-PLONK*.

I guess I must have offended the gentleman. :^)

Ah, well.

Old August 8th 04, 11:24 PM
Edward Dolan

"Rod Kuehl" wrote in message
ink.net...
I hope Bass's old electronic friends that always brought so much to this
newsgroup bond with Dolan.

That's a talent pool

Are they all top posters like you? At least Robert L. Bass bottom posts
although he apparently does not have a notion about who says what, at least
not to the point of making a proper attribution. It's all the same to him
whether I am saying something or if it is King Tut. Who knows? Who cares?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota