Sydney Egg Attack

Old August 12th 03, 05:22 AM
Mot Adv

Default Sydney Egg Attack

"John Harvey" wrote in message
Mot Adv wrote:

You want Spam sent to ASIO - Federal Police, and other law agencies yet

are
quick to cry help from enforcement agencies when you are wronged.

The irony being that ASIO owes its existence to an egg attack.

Prime Minister Billy Hughes was hit by an egg at Warwick (Q) in
November 1917. The local copper refused to take action against the
offender when ordered by Hughes on the basis that he wasn't answerable
to the Commonwealth, only the Queensland Government. The incident
supposedly became Hughes' motive for forming the Commonwealth Police
in the same year.

In 1919 the Commonwealth Police became the Special Investigations
Branch, subsequently re-named the Investigations Branch and later
still the Commonwealth Investigations Branch, which was eventually
absorbed by the Commonwealth Investigations Branch, from which ASIO
was born in 1949.

Throwing eggs is a very risky business. ;-)

Your eggin us on!!

--
John H

This address will reach me if you apply ROT13

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old August 12th 03, 06:19 AM
Alan Erskine

Mot Adv wrote:

[...]

noooo, he was only yoke - in' ;-)

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old August 12th 03, 06:56 AM
bemw

It's only an egg for heavens sake, not a brick or anything massive. AND IT
MISSED! so lighten up. Who hasn't thrown an egg at someone. Remember those
school break up days - we all did it.

and what were you doing when you were "checking out" the course anyway,
blocking traffic, weaving around??.......maybe you deserved being egged.

"John Harvey" wrote in message
roofi wrote:

Some guy in Sydney threw an egg at me while I was checking out the City

Surf run course on a bike.

If he meant to connect, then it's a prime example of road rage with
potentially serious consequences. The offender deserves far more than
a kick in the nuts -- perhaps an extended licence disqualification
just for starters.

It'll be interesting to hear the follow up.

Old August 12th 03, 07:13 AM
stylin

"roofi" wrote in message
The NSW TOG now have his details and will be paying him a visit.

Why waste tax payers money on something so petty ... if I met you, I would
probably want to throw an egg at you as well

Nice ... you direct spam at them, then cry for help from them when you are
in a bind. Your the EGG !

Old August 12th 03, 07:16 AM
John Staines

What was thrown or that it missed is totally irrelevant.

If that egg had hit the person in the face making them stray in front of
a bus or car killing them then I doubt whether it would matter to the
Police if it were a simple egg or a brick which was thrown.

Cheers

John

Old August 12th 03, 07:16 AM
Mike Doyle

You ever been hit by an egg at 80km/h? Can do serious damage.

When I was a kid, we use to throw oranges at cars from our school play
ground. We all did it. But it doesn't change the fact that it was
stupid, could cause lots of damage, and possibly very dangerous.

Mike

RTA Cycle Sydney jimmy Unicycling 12 December 14th 03 08:46 AM
Newbie question: Covering an attack? Stan Cox Racing 2 July 28th 03 08:25 PM