A Plug For Giro Helmets

Old May 2nd 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default A Plug For Giro Helmets

I've had the inside liners rot out twice over the years and each
time I called Giro expecting to pay through the nose for
replacements, they sent them free: gratis!

Some weeks ago, I was dumb enough to knock the visor off my
helmet navigating the aisle on a train and lose it.

Same deal: I called, expecting to pay for a new one. All they
wanted was the color of the helmet and my shipping address.

Gotta love Giro....
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 2nd 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 2, 2:13*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
I've had the inside liners rot out twice over the years and each
time I called Giro expecting to pay through the nose for
replacements, they sent them free: gratis!

Some weeks ago, I was dumb enough to knock the visor off my
helmet navigating the aisle on a train and lose it.

Same deal: I called, expecting to pay for a new one. * All they
wanted was the color of the helmet and my shipping address.

Gotta love Giro....

Looks like their plan worked--you're doing grassroots advertising for
them. Plus--rbt gets leeched all over the cycling internet universe,
so the cost-benefit ratio of throwing out a few free bits is
extraordinary. Not that it's not nice, but it would be stupid to not
be nice.
Old May 2nd 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,free.UseNet
John Doe

landotter landotter gmail.com wrote:

"(PeteCresswell)" x... y.Invalid wrote:

I've had the inside liners rot out twice over the years and
each time I called Giro expecting to pay through the nose for
replacements, they sent them free: gratis!

Some weeks ago, I was dumb enough to knock the visor off my
helmet navigating the aisle on a train and lose it.

Same deal: I called, expecting to pay for a new one. ÿ All they
wanted was the color of the helmet and my shipping address.

Gotta love Giro....

Looks like their plan worked--you're doing grassroots
advertising for them. Plus--rbt gets leeched all over the
cycling internet universe, so the cost-benefit ratio of throwing
out a few free bits is extraordinary. Not that it's not nice,
but it would be stupid to not be nice.

Anyone with a bad experience has the same right. Are you calling
him a spammer? Or is yours just a thick skulled Neanderthal reflex
action against helmets.

If you have a very thick skull, as in NEANDERTHAL THICK,
you don't need no helmet.
--

Regular
see also Google Groups
From: landotter landotter gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: A Plug For Giro Helmets
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 12:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

Old May 2nd 11, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 2, 2:57*pm, John Doe wrote:
[...]

Wow, did somebody sketch your holy prophet or something? I think Pete
knows what a friendly chain yanking is.
Old May 4th 11, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per landotter:
I think Pete
knows what a friendly chain yanking is.

He does... at least I *hope* he does....

And he did *NOT* intend to start Yet Another H-lm-t Thread.... -)
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 5th 11, 06:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Thomas R.

On Mon, 02 May 2011 15:13:15 -0400, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I've had the inside liners rot out twice over the years and each
time I called Giro expecting to pay through the nose for
replacements, they sent them free: gratis!

Some weeks ago, I was dumb enough to knock the visor off my
helmet navigating the aisle on a train and lose it.

Same deal: I called, expecting to pay for a new one. All they
wanted was the color of the helmet and my shipping address.

Gotta love Giro....

You are lucky you did not knock loose the visor by gashing someone else's
forehead. Your train ride could have ended with a knife in your stomach.

What's really dumb though is thinking the helmet maker has to provide you a
visor. Wear a baseball cap under your helmet, if you need visor.

Don't bother with silly plastic attachements.
Old May 5th 11, 11:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
TÂșm ShermÂȘnℱ °_°[_2_]

On 5/5/2011 12:54 AM, Thomas R. wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2011 15:13:15 -0400, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I've had the inside liners rot out twice over the years and each
time I called Giro expecting to pay through the nose for
replacements, they sent them free: gratis!

Some weeks ago, I was dumb enough to knock the visor off my
helmet navigating the aisle on a train and lose it.

Same deal: I called, expecting to pay for a new one. All they
wanted was the color of the helmet and my shipping address.

Gotta love Giro....

You are lucky you did not knock loose the visor by gashing someone else's
forehead. Your train ride could have ended with a knife in your stomach.

Self-projection on how you would respond? Murder over a minor accident?

What's really dumb though is thinking the helmet maker has to provide you a
visor. Wear a baseball cap under your helmet, if you need visor.

That would be hot and uncomfortable.

Don't bother with silly plastic attachements.

Like the whole foam bicycle hat?

--
TÂșm ShermÂȘn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.