Good news!

Old February 11th 14, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

Default Good news!

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message ...

On 10/02/2014 22:50, Otis wrote:
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:25:15 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC
wrote:

On 10/02/2014 09:37, Brian Robertson wrote:
Really nice to know that this cyclist has lodged a complaint with the
police. It shouldn't be too hard to track this violent motorist bully
down. Unfortunately, he will get a small fine and a slap on the wrist.
What he should get is 3 months jail and a ten year ban.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...g-cyclist.html

"The video then shows the cyclist pedalling quickly to catch up with the
car, and at the next traffic lights he pulls up alongside the Audi,
leans closely to the driver’s window and swears loudly at the motorist".

The cyclist clearly doesn't know his place.

You're right - he should have been on the other side of the car : in the
gutter.

Judith

You mean with your mind?

Or with your language, foulmouth.

Old February 11th 14, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

On 11/02/2014 11:30, Nomen Nescio wrote:
In article
Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

On 10/02/2014 09:37, Brian Robertson wrote:
Really nice to know that this cyclist has lodged a complaint with the
police. It shouldn't be too hard to track this violent motorist bully
down. Unfortunately, he will get a small fine and a slap on the wrist.
What he should get is 3 months jail and a ten year ban.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...g-cyclist.html

"The video then shows the cyclist pedalling quickly to catch up with the
car, and at the next traffic lights he pulls up alongside the Audi,
leans closely to the driver’s window and swears loudly at the motorist".

The cyclist clearly doesn't know his place.

how so?

Cyclists are sponging freeloaders who clog up the roads with their
children's toys. They are a sub species who should not annoy tax paying
motorists.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow
Old February 11th 14, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:37:09 +0000, Brian Robertson
wrote:

Really nice to know that this cyclist has lodged a complaint with the
police. It shouldn't be too hard to track this violent motorist bully
down. Unfortunately, he will get a small fine and a slap on the wrist.
What he should get is 3 months jail and a ten year ban.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...g-cyclist.html

I have seen this clip now 2 or 3 times and have come to the conclusion
that the cyclist was looking for a fight.

At the first ASL reservoir he quite correctly informed the driver that
he had driven into an area into which he is prohibited from entering
when the lights are red.

At the second ASL reservoir, the motorist had quite clearly taken on
board the comments of the cyclist and stopped behind the first stop
line.

So why did the cyclist feel the need to speak with the driver unless
he was looking for an argument.

It reminds me somewhat of the videos Ian Jackson used to post.

Please note - I do not condone the violent action of the driver, there
is no excuse for that sort of behaviour.
Old February 11th 14, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

wrote:

[...]

Because the car had pulled away at speed very close to him, and the
driver was acting like a dick?
I don't think he was looking for a fight - he seemed remarkably
ill-prepared for one, to be so easily pushed over.

Old February 12th 14, 06:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gavin[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

This could be the first time I have ever agreed with a post from Crispin.

Perhaps our re-education programme is working.

Judith
Old February 12th 14, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_14_]

wrote:

[...]

You couldn't educate a kitten to use a litter tray, the result of which
is very similar to having you on usenet.
Old February 12th 14, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

That sounds like an excellent reason for the cyclist to steer well
clear - especially as the driver had evidently taken on board the
cyclist's earlier comment.

I don't think he was looking for a fight - he seemed remarkably
ill-prepared for one, to be so easily pushed over.

Perhaps, perhaps not. It is quite possible that he was merely
intending to antagonise the motorist without any expectation of road
rage.