No Body Armour

Old February 2nd 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
RB2

Default No Body Armour

I just started uni'ing and I'm wondering whether to buy some shinguards.
Are they worth the money?

--
RB2
RB2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13490

Old February 2nd 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Yes, they are very much worth the money.

You should get the new Kris Holm ones, or 661 4x4s.

--
Borgschulze

http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/
Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501

Old February 2nd 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Very worth it. =p

I wear them every time I ride, cause even when im not doing a gap or
muni, or technical stuff, I still sometimes get in some weird wreck
with the pins stabbing into my shins. Luckily, I had the shin guards
on.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) New Uni =
Blue Sex!

Old February 2nd 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

RB2 wrote:
I just started uni'ing and I'm wondering whether to buy some shinguards.
Are they worth the money?

You will find out soon enough...

Just riding around you probablly won't need shin pads all that much,
but when you start doing tricks or riding more aggresivly you won't
need to ask... You'll know when you need them.

--
forrestunifreak

Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
'*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?

Old February 2nd 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

What style of unicycling are you doing?

Freestyle or regular riding doesn't need shin guards or leg armour.
For trials, muni, and street riding you'll want some sort of leg
protection and probably also gloves.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old February 2nd 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
markf

if you have pinned pedals you need them. if you're running plastic
platforms, you should be fine without.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop' (http://www.irwinsbikes.com)
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old February 2nd 07, 10:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

plastics hurt heaps cos it doesnt cut sometimes and that hurt and when
you cut the skin it really hurts
yes get them

--
The.Mars.Volta

juggle508 wrote:
I now know why Tomsey is so good at backs. And why Shaun owns at normal
flips.
It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
flip backwards then forwards. KH.

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)

'My YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719

No Body Armour uni_jim Unicycling 0 February 2nd 07 04:01 AM
Body armour? Marz Mountain Biking 66 December 29th 06 11:45 PM
Road Race Body Armour J999w Racing 17 August 12th 04 02:11 PM
The ultimate in body armour Danny Colyer Unicycling 6 May 13th 04 03:34 AM
body armour Peter B UK 4 July 29th 03 05:43 PM