last call for Park City TV video from Moab

Old May 4th 04, 02:31 AM
mgrant

Default last call for Park City TV video from Moab

I'm going to delete the MMF2004 video from the temporary FTP.

If you want it you have 'till tomorrow morning to get it.

It seems that TinyURL doesn't properly format an FTP URL that has a
username/password in it so you may need to manually login to the FTP.

Here's the URL that should work:

http://tinyurl.com/3b8eh

If that doesn't work try:

ftp://ftp.altiris.com

then login as user:download password:download and go to the delete
folder where you should find mmf2004_small.avi

if that fails then just give up and download any of the other great
videos that are at http://gallery.unicyclist.com

:-)

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

Old May 4th 04, 02:44 AM
tomblackwood

It would appear the "delete" folder is already deleted...

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old May 4th 04, 06:07 AM
muddycycle

It would appear the "delete" folder is already deleted...

It is there I just downloaded it, I had to ftp from the cmd prompt to
see the deleted folder. It was worth it.

--
muddycycle - Nonchalance

"What can possiby mystify a madman?"
Hegira: Greg Bear
muddycycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1283

Old May 4th 04, 06:43 AM
john_childs

Mozilla is able to download the file from the given URL. It ended up in
my Temp folder.

IE doesn't want to download it. I think one of the recent security
fixes may be preventing it from working. I think one of the recent
fixes stops IE from opening up URLs with the @ sign in them. Scammers
and phishers were using URLs like that to trick people in to thinking
the URL was going to some place different than where it really went.

So if you have problems getting the file, try the Mozilla or Firebird
browsers. Otherwise try a full fledged FTP program and input the
password and directory manually.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old May 4th 04, 06:45 AM
mango

Wow! that was really good! Its hard to get muni to look good on TV but
they pulled it off. Is there some reason why this isnt posted in the
gallery?

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

"...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old May 4th 04, 01:56 PM
Ben Plotkin-Swing

So John, any chance you can try to post this in a gallery? I only have
IE on this computer (I know, I know), and am unable to download it from
the FTP site.

Ben

--
Ben Plotkin-Swing

www.benps.com

"Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
cookie.
Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378

Old May 4th 04, 02:21 PM
mgrant

mango wrote:
*Wow! that was really good! Its hard to get muni to look good on TV
but they pulled it off. Is there some reason why this isnt posted in
the gallery? *

I tried to post it to the gallery several times. It would upload
completely but the resulting link in the gallery was broken (at least
for me).

You can see the results of my attempt at:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuw39

I'm open to suggestions as to why the upload appears to succeed but the
resulting link doesn't work.

-mg

Old May 4th 04, 06:04 PM
harper

Dang it, Michael, I wanted that file and just now found this link to it
at 10:00AM PDT (11:00AM MDT) so it's still morning and there's nothing
in the delete folder. I was using WS_FTP and could get right in and find
the delete folder but it was empty. Maybe I'll try to get the file from
JC.

--
harper - Statuesque

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"Stoke your own thread as much as you see fit, no problem." - Klaas
Bil

"Ugh, the Harpers; The worst neighbours in the world" - Tony Micelli

Old May 4th 04, 08:46 PM
mgrant

harper wrote:
*Dang it, Michael, I wanted that file and just now found this link to
it at 10:00AM PDT (11:00AM MDT) so it's still morning and there's
nothing in the delete folder. I was using WS_FTP and could get right
in and find the delete folder but it was empty. Maybe I'll try to get
the file from JC. *

This file has definately been squirrelly. When I tried to delete it
this morning I couldn't (permission denied?). Now when I look I also
see that it's gone. Weird.

Anyway, maybe JC will be kind enough to attempt to upload it to the
gallery. I've set permissions on the gallery to allow JC to upload.

So, John how about it? Will you try and upload the file to the gallery?
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuw39)

Thanks,

-mg

Old May 4th 04, 09:02 PM
tomblackwood

mgrant wrote:
*So, John how about it? Will you try and upload the file to the
gallery? (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuw39)
*

Please John Please. Don't make us beg. Don't make us whine.