Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

Old May 1st 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

Default Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

http://www.vw.com/vwhype/whatthepeop...51&pollid=3142
Old May 2nd 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

Mike A Schwab wrote:
Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

http://www.vw.com/vwhype/whatthepeop...51&pollid=3142

All I would advise you is, don't hold your breath. When lawmakers all
ride bikes instead of getting carried around in chauffeured limos,
you'll have a better chance.
Old May 10th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Mike A Schwab wrote:
Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

http://www.vw.com/vwhype/whatthepeop...51&pollid=3142

Well yeah, and while we're at it, I'd like a pony too.

Personally, I'd rather they just removed the tax break for businesses
for employee parking spaces. Businesses would be a lot more
accomodating to alternative transportation if they weren't being
subsidized to the tune of $2000 an employee for car parking spaces.

--
Dane Buson -
Supervisor: Do you think you understand the basic ideas of Quantum Mechanics?
Old May 11th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Dane Buson wrote:
Mike A Schwab wrote:
Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

http://www.vw.com/vwhype/whatthepeop...51&pollid=3142

Well yeah, and while we're at it, I'd like a pony too.

Personally, I'd rather they just removed the tax break for businesses
for employee parking spaces. Businesses would be a lot more
accomodating to alternative transportation if they weren't being
subsidized to the tune of $2000 an employee for car parking spaces.

Can the tax break for cager parking be replaced by one for showers and
secure bicycle parking?

Old May 11th 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Dane Buson wrote:
Mike A Schwab wrote:
Do you want a larger rebate because you own a bike instead of a car?

http://www.vw.com/vwhype/whatthepeop...51&pollid=3142

Well yeah, and while we're at it, I'd like a pony too.

Personally, I'd rather they just removed the tax break for businesses
for employee parking spaces. Businesses would be a lot more
accomodating to alternative transportation if they weren't being
subsidized to the tune of $2000 an employee for car parking spaces.

Can the tax break for cager parking be replaced by one for showers and
secure bicycle parking?

I'd rather it go toward greenspace, picnic tables and
built-in BBQs.

What's with all this razmatazz about showers?
In the PNW we frequently have to ride /in/
showers ;-)

But all this talk about showers makes riding
sound like a dirty, grimy endeavour, which
it isn't. The whole notion of cycling being
dirty is a canard that deserves to be quashed,
squashed, stepped-upon, and vehemently refuted.

I mean, it's not at all like those WWI aeroplanes
spattering engine oil into your begoggled face.

And yet that's the excuse so many people make to
bail out of the idea of cycling. So they'll instead
foul the troposphere with their auto emissions,
in order to stay clean & fresh. TYVM.

And if you so fear stinking, don't be
a junk food fatso in the first place.

Anyways, I'd rather have a larger bike than a
larger rebate. Although all donations are
greatly accepted.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old May 11th 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Dane Buson wrote:
Mike A Schwab wrote:
[...]

Just walking outside can make one sweaty and stinky when the temperature
exceeds 80°F and the relative humidity 90%, which is not uncommon in
much of the US. Even here in the Upper Midwest, I would be sweaty and
stinky if I rode to work at 8 mph on a summer morning.

Anyways, I'd rather have a larger bike than a
larger rebate. Although all donations are
greatly accepted.

If you really want a larger bicycle, you will have to make a deal with
the devil:
http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/didi_senft_11sfw.jpg.

Old May 11th 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

Just walking outside can make one sweaty and stinky when the temperature
exceeds 80°F and the relative humidity 90%, which is not uncommon in
much of the US.

Sweaty != stinky.

Even here in the Upper Midwest, I would be sweaty and
stinky if I rode to work at 8 mph on a summer morning.

If you smell bad after a ride, it's more to do with
what you've ingested and your hygiene regimen,
than wuth sweating at all. I especially suggest foregoing
consuming dairy products. OTOH, citrus stuff (and pineapple)
seems to keep a body pleasant.

Y'know what? I bet when you've sweated, you /believe/
you must also be odiferous, when you might well be
as pure as the wind-driven snow.

Anyways, I'd rather have a larger bike than a
larger rebate. Although all donations are
greatly accepted.

If you really want a larger bicycle, you will have to make a deal with
the devil

What, again?!!

sigh Oh, well ... in for a dime, in for a dollar ...

I can already here The Devil saying: "Oh, it's you
again."

He has a nice desk. Honduras mahogony. Very stout.
French polished, of course.

cheers,
Tom

Old May 11th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

Just walking outside can make one sweaty and stinky when the temperature
exceeds 80°F and the relative humidity 90%, which is not uncommon in
much of the US.

Sweaty != stinky.

Maybe for some. Being covered in salt while on is in the office for the
next 10 to 12 hours is not pleasant either.

Even here in the Upper Midwest, I would be sweaty and
stinky if I rode to work at 8 mph on a summer morning.

If you smell bad after a ride, it's more to do with
what you've ingested and your hygiene regimen,
than wuth sweating at all. I especially suggest foregoing
consuming dairy products. OTOH, citrus stuff (and pineapple)
seems to keep a body pleasant.

You suggest that 'round here and yawl get yo ass whippped, boy.

The license plates on the cages have "America's Dairyland" as the slogan.

Y'know what? I bet when you've sweated, you /believe/
you must also be odiferous, when you might well be
as pure as the wind-driven snow.

More like as pure as the gray slush - ask the denizens of Chicagoland
about how nice that stuff is.

Anyways, I'd rather have a larger bike than a
larger rebate. Although all donations are
greatly accepted.

If you really want a larger bicycle, you will have to make a deal with
the devil

What, again?!!

sigh Oh, well ... in for a dime, in for a dollar ...

I can already here The Devil saying: "Oh, it's you
again."

He has a nice desk. Honduras mahogony. Very stout.
French polished, of course.

Maybe you can volunteer to be his stoker.

Old May 11th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Tom Sherman wrote:
snip

Can the tax break for cager parking be replaced by one for showers and
secure bicycle parking?

At my work we have a one-at-a-time restroom. After I've cooled down
from the ride in, I duck in there, wash my face, and give myself a quick
once-over with a wet paper towel. Works wonders.

Bill

__o | Conservatism makes no poetry, breathes no prayer,
_`\(,_ | has no invention; it is all memory.
(_)/ (_) | --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old May 11th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

If you really want a larger bicycle, you will have to make a deal with
the devil

What, again?!!

sigh Oh, well ... in for a dime, in for a dollar ...

I can already here The Devil saying: "Oh, it's you
again."

He has a nice desk. Honduras mahogony. Very stout.
French polished, of course.

Maybe you can volunteer to be his stoker.

Nah, I wouldn't be caught dead on a tandem recumbent.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

OT Proposed Tax Rebate Michael Baldwin General 2 January 20th 08 12:06 AM
Bike clothes for the larger bloke [email protected] UK 10 May 6th 07 01:23 PM
need a larger tent [email protected] General 3 September 30th 06 02:53 PM
Bike rebate? Shane Stanley Australia 80 September 10th 05 09:35 AM
Bike rebate? LotteBum Australia 14 September 9th 05 10:22 AM