2nd issue of the new French Uni Magazine

Old December 11th 05, 11:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default 2nd issue of the new French Uni Magazine

I forgot to tell you about the last issue of our magazine "Le Girafon
Fédéré" (magazine of the French Uni Federation), that came out in
November.

It's online here :
http://monocycle.info/docs/Girafon_2-total.pdf

I did not answer to the post for the first issue since I was on
holidays:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41798

Thanks for those comments. I hope you'll like this one as well.
It is not possible to translate them since it is already so much work.

Only the interviews had been done in English and then translated into
French

An'So

--
anso
anso's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/371

Old December 13th 05, 04:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That looks really awesome-
I speak a bit of french, at least enough to get a general idea of what
they are talking about, and it sounds solid. I am surprised by it's
length, it's really impressive. Get someone to translate/summarize and
it would sell over here, too...
tyler

--
snuffiluffigus

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
-office space
snuffiluffigus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11323

Old December 13th 05, 05:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

snuffiluffigus wrote:
That looks really awesome-
I speak a bit of french, at least enough to get a general idea of what
they are talking about, and it sounds solid. I am surprised by it's
length, it's really impressive. Get someone to translate/summarize and
it would sell over here, too...
tyler

Good idea... but it would take a lot of time! Gonna talk about it with
my english speaking fellows.

Any other people would be interested in reading the french unicycling
news?

About the content, we can't be sure that the next "girafon" will be so
long... We don't even know when it will be published

--
Zzagg

Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

Riding day, dream away...
Still riding, still dreaming.

please excuse me for still thinking I can write correct english :-o
Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

Old December 13th 05, 05:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I speak no french. But damn what pretty pictures! haha. So much trials i
love it. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

--
mango

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old December 13th 05, 05:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

What about utilizing one of the translation softwares that are
available?

I have no experience with them, though. I have used them to help
translate some posts on the German message board, but the word order
gets all twisted around. So, I don't know what would happen in a full
version.

It may also be expensive.

Nice work on doing this. It might set an example for a British,
Austrailian, Canadian, or American mag.

Nice work!!

Cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie

'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greate...Angeles-Trails)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
(http://www.freewebs.com/lamountainun...ritetrails.htm)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

Old December 13th 05, 05:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow! Nice magazine! Wish I could read it..

Thats how I wish the USA mag would be. All they had in the issue I got
yesterday was a million low quality pictures of people at NAUCC riding
around in a gym....doing nothing. Hardly any good action shots. The USA
mag also seems prejudiced towards extreme unicycling.... they seem
stuck on freestyle.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

Old December 13th 05, 05:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

there is a German Unicycling Magazine being planned and at a later stage
it should also be produced in english,
http://www.unicycle-magazine.de/

--
gollum89

http://www.dexterity.de.vu/

Advertise here?? - call: 00264812582673
gollum89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11052

Old December 13th 05, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Mike's been working on something here in the UK that looks amazing, I've
been lucky enough to take a peek at the preview copy and it looks like
it should be a big hit. Prelim website (just a placeholder image of the
mag cover) 'here' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com/).

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old December 13th 05, 08:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Dear An'So,
Wow, that is some magazine!! The world's best for sure. I just wish
I could read French better (to see for sure what you wrote about us!)
Do you know the German Juggling magazine called 'Kascade?'
(http://www.kaskade.de/) It is so excellent because it is available in
4 languages. Yours has so much text - it would be very difficult to
translate.

Anyway, keep up the great work - see you next summer.

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old December 14th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

|Filename: Picture 1.png |

Fuego

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

"Words and Guitar!"
- Sleater-Kinney.
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983