Broken Schlumpf Crank

Old December 31st 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

Default Broken Schlumpf Crank

One year old and here's the pic.
30517
I was climbing a moderate hill in 2nd gear, then I felt a wobble for a
1 second, then upd. Landed on my feet so I'm okay.

Since I had the Schlumpf, I put a few drops of oil in the hub and
that's it. I never touched the cranks bolts. But a funny thing; I just
got a torque wrench for christmas.

Where should I get new cranks?

|Filename: PC300203.jpg |

critter

MUni! The closest I'll ever get to bull riding!
Old December 31st 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

You can either get the same schlumpf cranks at http://www.schlumpf.ch

Or You can try out some ProWheel cranks.

You probably want to get a crank with some Q factor b/c if you are
using a crank with no q, you increase the chance of an accidental shift.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name
Old December 31st 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tim_desmet

lol thats broken....

--
tim_desmet

-- Sorry for my bad english --
Old December 31st 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

I like the prowheels. They're pretty much the best square taper cranks
I've ridden for pretty much anything. No GUni experience yet, though

They have reasonable standing room for flatland, lots of q-factor, and
are light. I have every size of prowheel from 102mm to 165mm.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in Colorado or want to check for events?
'Colorado Unicycles forum'
(http://z13.invisionfree.com/Colorado_Unicycles/)-still in development.
Old January 1st 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I didn't think they made a 165mm crank. I thought the only sizes they
made were 102, 127, 150, & 170mm.

I wouldn't have thought 5 mm would make much difference. I switched my
150 cranks to 170's on my Muni and love the control they offer (they
also have more Q-factor) but it is hard to pedal smoothly. I rode a KH
24 w/ 165's and it was just as smooth as my 150 mm cranks.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old January 1st 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

skilewis74;1161529 wrote:
I didn't think they made a 165mm crank. I thought the only sizes they
made were 102, 127, 150, & 170mm.

Actually, you're right. I took a second look at my crank collection
and I have the 102mm prowheel, the 127mm, and the 152, but the 165mm
cranks turned out to be "MEL" or something. I haven't ever used cranks
that long so it doesn't matter anyway though

The 152mms are the longest I have ever wanted.

Old January 1st 09, 06:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

nimblelight;1161558 wrote:
Actually, you're right. I took a second look at my crank collection and
I have the 102mm prowheel, the 127mm, and the 152, but the 165mm cranks
turned out to be "MEL" or something. I haven't ever used cranks that
long so it doesn't matter anyway though

The 152mms are the longest I have ever wanted.

Mine were the 152s. I'm thinking about 150/125 combo. My guess is that
you don't like them since you got that nice collection.

Old January 1st 09, 10:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

critter;1161637 wrote:
Mine were the 152s. I'm thinking about 150/125 combo. My guess is that
you don't like them since you got that nice collection.

If you are talking about the dual drilled KH moment 125/150
cranks...they will not fit on your schlumpf hub. You have the square
taper road schlumpf hub, not the KH/Schlumpf muni ISIS hub (by the look
of the pic in your thread).

Old January 2nd 09, 09:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

critter;1161637 wrote:
Mine were the 152s. I'm thinking about 150/125 combo. My guess is that
you don't like them since you got that nice collection.

I also have 114mm qu-ax cranks, 89mm united cranks, 140mm MEL cranks,
and some weird no-branders in my square taper set.

I've never really considered dual-hole cranks, if I travel somewhere on
the shorter ones the shorter ones are fine for whatever terrain I
encounter. I've ridden through a bog abound with tree roots and a full
bmx track on 89mm cranks(yes, at times it felt a bit like coasting over
bumps). I wouldn't recommend it, but it was a good experience.

I only have one pair of ISIS cranks, so I have no variety for anything
over a 2ft drop, which is fine for now.

--
nimblelight

It doesn't really matter, because I am an afoodist who unicycles for
food.
'Colorado Unicyclists click here'
(http://z13.invisionfree.com/Colorado_Unicycles/)
Old January 5th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

Thanks for the help siafirede.

Emailed schumpf to see if I can recall the hub. And/or to order new
cranks but no response yet.

here's a vid of me ... thinking that I'm doing it right.
stripped shifter
button

Note: I didn't start with the drill. I did have the drill on the
lowest torque setting.

--
critter

MUni! The closest I'll ever get to bull riding!

Schlumpf 36er crank arms? Daytripper63 Unicycling 7 October 13th 07 12:07 AM
[Schlumpf Questions] Crank Length semach.the.monkey Unicycling 2 July 11th 07 06:45 PM
Another Broken Crank Jay Beattie Techniques 55 February 2nd 05 06:09 PM
broken crank arm cliff Techniques 34 November 1st 04 05:20 PM
broken crank Rob-the-unrepentant Unicycling 12 February 13th 04 03:28 PM