specialized saddles

Old March 18th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bob Magatagan

Default specialized saddles

what do you think of the alias saddle? Is it better than the toupe saddle?

--
Bob Magatagan

Old March 18th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla

Saddles are a personal preference.

Old March 18th 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bob Magatagan

I really meant for support, if the rails are strong enough, if other people
have had problems, if they thought is was comfortable.......things like
that!

Old March 18th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Mar 18, 10:03 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:
I really meant for support, if the rails are strong enough, if other people
have had problems, if they thought is was comfortable.......things like

SNIP Lordy top posting sucks SNIP

The rails are virtually the same for both the Toupe and Alias (same
material, same diameter, slightly different shape). If you haven't had
"strength" issues with one you shouldn't have issues with the other.

Comfort is a personal thing. I actually like both saddles, but I
prefer the Toupe. That said, I would not consider the Toupe for day
to day riding on a mountain bike. The Toupe has no edge protection and
a very thin cover. I use mine for my roads bikes and for endurance
events. For day to day beating around ... I ride an Alias.

Old March 19th 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Mar 18, 2:26 pm, wrote:
On Mar 18, 10:03 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:

I really meant for support, if the rails are strong enough, if other people
have had problems, if they thought is was comfortable.......things like

SNIP Lordy top posting sucks SNIP

The rails are virtually the same for both the Toupe and Alias (same
material, same diameter, slightly different shape). If you haven't had
"strength" issues with one you shouldn't have issues with the other.

Comfort is a personal thing. I actually like both saddles, but I
prefer the Toupe. That said, I would not consider the Toupe for day
to day riding on a mountain bike. The Toupe has no edge protection and
a very thin cover. I use mine for my roads bikes and for endurance
events. For day to day beating around ... I ride an Alias.

Is the toupe furry, like those cowhide saddes fizik put out a few
years ago?

/s

har de har har

Old March 18th 07, 10:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On Mar 18, 11:18 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:
what do you think of the alias saddle? Is it better than the toupe saddle?

--
Bob Magatagan

Got to be a match in heaven saddle to butt,butt to saddle.

saddles Chief 231 General 13 August 11th 06 01:46 AM
KH saddles zippy Unicycling 0 May 25th 06 07:20 PM
KH gel saddles Unitik908 Unicycling 6 December 14th 05 01:28 AM
saddles markmoore Unicycling 17 March 28th 05 03:46 PM
Saddles Michael MacClancy UK 2 July 31st 03 09:25 AM